Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
Bartman

M.O.C. #17125
Montana High Country 340BH for full timing?

Howdy All,

My first post here. While we were in the process of downsizing, after our 2 oldest moved out, we spent a couple of months in our 2011 Cougar 322QBS 5th wheel and we liked it so much we are still doing it 2 1/2 years later. We have decided that we will continue this for at least the next 5 years but we would like a bit more living and counter space than we have. We have an 8 yr old daughter so a 2 bedroom, like our current unit, is still desirable. We have had several local dealers looking for units and one of them has shown us a 2015 Montana High Country 340BH, which we quite like. I feel confident that the regular Montana brand units would be fine for full timing but we cannot find much info that would give us an idea if the the High Country models have the quality to suit our purpose. To be fair, our Cougar has been fine so far. We live in the Pacific Northwest so winters aren't a big deal. The unit we saw had 4 point level up stabilizers and most other options available. Does anyone here have experience with the High Country models or can comment on their quality considering we could be using it for the next 5 - 15 years?

Thank you,

Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:20 PM   #2
Mike117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16033
I really can't say if the unit will work for full time living. I bought a 2014 High Country 34rl. I plan on retiring in 24 months and am going to be traveling to the south for winter at least for 4 to 6 months. I believe the High Country will be fine and is extremely well built. I also live in the Pacific NW by the Canadian border. Ii look forward to seeing how the trailer will work and starting the adventure.
Mike117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are not full timers but as long timers we are close. WE have had two Montana's since 2006 putting over 75 K miles on them combined. We took a good look at the High Country at the Fall rally and to be honest we would purchase one over the Montana as IMO the high country would serve us well under the conditions we use it. Now we do not stay in cold weather we are in warm climates all year.imo the High country is a well built unit

Just my opinion.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #4
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I think you will be all good,I Winter in the NW and you are right it does not get too. cold, some years it will get in the teens but not Brutal like other parts of the Country..I say GO FOR IT