Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
Auto level pad.

One of my jacks will extend over a period of days. Anyone have an idea of why? There is no weight on it during this time.

Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #2
captl27
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #16077

There are a couple of reasons why this would happen. Onereason is that there is some residual pressure left in the system when you arefinished using it. In a manual system you would rock the lever back and forthto relieve the pressure. With an electrical operated system you might tryswitching between raising and lowering to relieve the residual pressure. The other reason which is probably a worse condition,the seal on the hydraulic piston is by passing oil from one side to the otherso that the piston drifts out just from the weight of the piston and it foot.
You did not say what system you are talking about but if itis a Lippert level up system from what I have read on this forum they are very approachablefor help.

captl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Linda and Don-- I'm assuming you have the Lippert 6 point level-up system on your 3582. I would give Lippert Customer Service a call and explain to them what is taking place. They will talk you through the process of diagnosing the problem and will let you know what the problem is and if you can fix it yourself or if you have to take it to a dealer to have it repaired. Hope this helps and hope you get your problem solved soon by calling Lippert.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:49 AM   #4
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
Thanks for the replies! The Montana is presently at a repair shop to take care of some minor tire blow damage and I asked them to look at the jack for this and another one that has been replaced 3 times for leaking fluid. The factory looked at the leaki gone last year and could not find anything wrong with it. The “sagging” one is new and depending on what the shop comes back with my next move will be to call Lippert. Thanks Again for the help.
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote