Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #1
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Vu Qube??

Any one using a Vu-Cube? I am considering buying one, but would like to get some feedback from users.

The advertisement says it supports HD, but I am skeptical; doesn't HD require more LNB's. We don't have HD through our Dish Network provider yet, but will be upgrading eventually, and are wondering if HD is truly supported through the Vu-Cube.

Anyone have experience with one of these units, and is it easy to use?

Other than cost, what are the negatives?

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Robbie,

I think Doug has one of those. You might email him and see what his experience has been.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Dennis,

Thanks, did email Doug for information. (He is on the road...and I want it yesterday).

What I have found out so far, for negatives, is that it only brings in one side of the system at a time...or, 119 or 110, and then you have to change between the two...not sure that would be good for our needs. We watch both, and record on both satellites....hoping someone that uses one of these knows more than I can research about these units.

It may be that the technology just isn't there yet, and I may have to wait, but it does seem to be lagging if there are other types that can lock onto two satellites at the same time.

Questions, questions, questions.

Robbie
Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Robbie,
To get both 110 and 119 you need a dual LNB for those satellite frequencies. Also, for full Dish Network coverage you would need satellite 129 and that would require 3 LNB's I don't think V-Cube has gotten that technology yet.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Wayne,

You're a bubble burster!!!!!

I am looking for something smaller than a KING dome, portable and almost the size of a breadbox that I don't have to sight-in! "Push the buttons" and my favorite programs instantly appear!!!

Oh well, will have to be old-fashioned for a little bit longer until technology catches up. Will have to lug the old (divorce) dish out of the basement and scream back-and-forth with the wife until we get it sighted.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Robbie the new Winegard Traveler is truly a one button operation and it locks on all sats needed for HD. I know its a bit pricey but works super so far. Mine is the DirecTV unit.......I've heard the vuqubes can grow legs also......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:13 AM   #7
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
camping buddy just bought one of these on sale at CW. He has mixed feelings on his. You do have to use the Vue Cube remote to switch between the 2 sat's while watching tv which is a minor pain to him but could be major to others. He said his is not HD capatable.

He does like the ease of use though, he can sit his down and "bing, bam, boom" he is locked on and watching TV. He suscribes to Dish but I wouldn't think Direct would be any different.

He did drill a hole in the handle to lock a chain to so it is a little more secure.

Phil
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote