Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #21
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
If you want the same Blue Ray in a Sony get a PS3.

waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #22
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
OOOOHHHH, so now I know why there was no dispute when I took my 08 3000RK back and said the DVD player (Quest didnt work)!
And...one blade broke off the ceiling fan (appearently one blade only had one screw and it actually broke the blade mount) and the tv coax is shorted and the booster has a short in it too. So I better take a DVD along and have the service dept play it for me before I take it back.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #23
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
Just got off the phone with Denise from Customer Service at Keystone. She pulled up my file and saw that I had returned four of the units and she said I was the only customer that she had knowledge of that has had any problems with the units. She says they have a meeting weekly and discuss customer feedback about problems with the trailers so they can rectify the situation in future models. This topic of the home theatre has never been brought up before as a problem. I guess none of us are being a squeeky wheel over the home theatre problem. I told her that there are two forums going right now and every one is saying how bad they are and that they are replacing them with store bought units. She says dont do that. If its under warranty, make sure you get a replacement from Keystone. That way they will know for sure something is wrong with the units. They don't buy these from the Company, they buy them from a distributor. Anyway, just thought I would give you an update on my situation with are QV4000 home theatre.
muddflapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #24
Fire1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8237
Send a message via AIM to Fire1
OUCH!!! My 2009 Monthy has the QR4000 model I am not sure if it an upgrade or not.

NICE SOUNDING SET SO FAR
Hope the QR is a nicer unit than the QV but I am sure its the same

Doug
Doug

Fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:10 AM   #25
jfarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #7950
FWIW, ours never worked, dealership replaced it without hassle, so far so good on the new one.
jfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:30 AM   #26
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
We have a 2008 Mountaineer. It has a Jensen DVD & AM-FM What a piece of junk!! The dealer says it sounds OK to them. I am going to replace the unit myself with something that sounds good.

My two cents

Lambchop
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:31 AM   #27
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
I have had 4 replaced and the one in there now reads BAD DISC, I suggested to CW (the dealer I bought it from) to just allow me an allowance and I would go to Best Buy and buy one from them and be done with the Quest. They are talking it over with Keystone and suppose to be calling me back. Hey if they give me $150.00 I would gladly put money with it and buy a real good one and then we are all happy. (If only it works that way) Anyway I thing I am going to buy a Blue Ray seeings that I have a LCD HD and move on. Chuck
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:42 AM   #28
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
Hey Chuck, I think you got one of the four I sent back to Keystone. One that I sent back to them would only read BAD DISK everytime I tried to put in one of 15 different movies that played perfectly fine on any other DVD player. Do you think Keystone is just recycling the ones that are returned to them by putting them into their new units and just hoping that the owners will just go to Best Buy and replace them with out asking for a warranty replacement???
muddflapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #29
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Just talked to Matt the service manager at CW and keystone is willing to credit me 188.70 toward a new DVD player I am going to Best Buys shopping. Yes they may be recycling these things Chuck
Old 05-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #30
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Our 08 340RLQ came with a LG DVD player and it would play half a disk then stop and I would have to start it over and FF to where it stopped and watch the rest of the disc. That has gotten less of a problem lately but the fan was the same situation, the shipped the rig and it was missing a blade bolt and would scrape when turned on. I finally went to Home Depot and got a whole pack of screws for the blades. They just keep falling out so I am going to try some locktite green on them. As soon as we setup and turn the fan on we hear a scraping sound we check the floor for the screw that fell out... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:39 AM   #31
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
our DVD had fits from the 1st time we used it! One day I got into the setup mode and put all in factory mode and have not had a problem since??? I have no idea why?? Funny operating piece of technology for sure
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:49 AM   #32
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Well, we went to Best Buys and bought a panasonic 1000w home theather with am/fm and replaced the Q4000 piece of junk. WOW what a difference and it play a movie. I took the reciept for 342.00 to CW and the wrote a check on the spot for 188.70 a pre agree price. I am one HAPPY CAMPER
Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #33
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Panasonic electronics are a stalwart in the electronic industry. I would seriously consider purchasing a Panasonic as one of my top choices. Sony puts out another system similar in quality that I would also consider.

What was the model number of the Panasonic you purchased?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:59 AM   #34
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Just recently had our DVD start giving the "Bad Disk" reports. Spoke with Aram at the NE Rally. There IS a new unit coming out to replace the QR-4000. (should be standard equipment on the line shortly as they begin recieving them in sufficient quantities) The model number is AVR-6000 and according to Aram the internals are built by SONY. I contacted Quest (via Team Montana first) and Quest Tech told me the "Bad Disk" error can not be repaired and at 15 months I was out of warranty. I asked about purchasing the upgraded model. The Tech I spoke with said the new unit was a huge improvement (not sure what that equates to) but it could only be ordered through Keystone but he highly recommend that (in fact it was the only Quest model he would recommend). I now have the upgraded model on order via my dealer through Keystone and will provide a report on the quality once I get a chance to try it out.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #35
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
I hate to sound negative, but its still a Quest. With all the problems these Q-4000 had and no recall I would never order a newer model until the are proven to me. sorry I am just sour on my experience wth this DVD VERY happy with the Panasonic i bought.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #36
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
I hate to sound negative, but its still a Quest. With all the problems these Q-4000 had and no recall I would never order a newer model until the are proven to me. sorry I am just sour on my experience wth this DVD VERY happy with the Panasonic i bought. I will look the model number when I get homm, I am working right now
Old 06-11-2008, 07:35 AM   #37
mcculloe
Established Member

M.O.C. #7259
We just replaced our Quest (after 3 attempts) with a Panasonic SA-PT660. Nice unit. Has 5 DVD changer in it, but is their cheapest home entertainment unit with surround sound. Fits in the slot above the TV. Replaced the Sub, but the speakers worked fine with the Panasonic. It just wasn't worth the hassle and the gas of going to the dealer for another Quest.
mcculloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #38
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We just had ours replaced two weeks before our one week before our warrenty was over. They replaced it with the same junk. It is Four weeks old and still working but for how long.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:49 AM   #39
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Swung by the dealer's on the way in to work today and they replaced my Q4000 with the AVR-6000. We will test it this weekend and give our impressions on the "solution" to the 4000. Mostly doing repairs mods this weekend with some time on the beach as well. I am running a seperate line for my satelite cable so I will have two connections in the convienence center and two out put in the front TV cabinet. The sat input will go to the sat box and the output to an A/B switch while the feed to the TV (where it enters the cabinet from up front will be the other input and the output feed the Front TV only. DW has a portable DVD player that we are going to connect to the front TV for times that she wants to watch movies in the bedroom. I will have to see what outpots my cable box has available. with all the inputs the TV has, I may not even need to run the A/B switch, just change over to a different input source to see the output from the Sat Rcvr.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #40
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Well,
We got the AVR-6000 installed and used it this weekend. Pretty sweet actually

it is shorter than the QR-4000, has a jack for connecting MP3 Players and a USB slot on the front panel. the owner's "book" is lots of tiny printing on an double piece of paper that gets folded alot but it is all in English and pretty well written. A magnifying glass would be helpful (as long as you are not out in the sunlight!