Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
My Padre friends, now Monte owners...

Sadly, Max has fallen off his new '07 3400RL and broke his femur in three places.
Max and Carol are just wonderful people we met at our campground in S.Padre. Carol came to our Monte and had beading classes with Sue, Max and Carol liked ours, so they bought one from our dealer when they returned to the Kansas City area this Summer.
Max was cleaning their Monte's roof when he fell. Fire department, ambulances, and a life flight to town. Poor max is really in a pickle.
Sue and I will be headed to their place next Sunday...somewhere down in Kansas in a rural area, we will get directions, of course. I told Max we would winterize the Monte and move it to a storage area for them.
My point is to warn everyone of the danger of washing the units. I always use Boat shoes with the engineered grips in the soles..well for wet boats.
Max used dish washing soap, as he ran out of the car wash soap. Slick, slick.
Wash back wards, starting from the nose, I suggest Simple Green car wash, not slick at all. (And Bio-degradable) I brought it to John and Christa's because it works so well for me.
Just use caution when washing the Monte.
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Ozz: I also think about this very thing whenever I hear someone say they always get on top to sweep the slides off. We (some of us anyway) are getting older and slower. BE CAFEFUL.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks for the reminder, Ozz. Hope your friend recovers quickly and well. A Dicor rep at the Goshen rally suggested washing the roof in stocking feet for better grip. Gonna try it next time.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ozz - you is good people! Thanks for helping out a fellow RVer.

I think about that whenever folks say they are going to push snow off the roof as well.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
This is terrible....could have been worse if he had hit his head, so sorry to hear.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #6
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Ozz, Reading that gave me chills and now i'll have nightmares to. Already done the swan thing, so wow do i feel bad for him. Sure hope he's ok and heals ok. I sure know its no fun.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:57 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I called Max to see if Sunday was good to come down, he said he was feeling better, with less pain. He wants to come to South Texas sometime this winter. Poor guy, this will be the first time in probably 15 years he hasn't headed South.
His brother-in-law volunteered to bring his Monty to K.C. to our dealer, to get some warranty items fixed and have it winterized there. That works out super for me as well, we leave for Austin the 19th, every day is a flurry of activity to get things ready. Yesterday, I hooked up to check clearances and connections, got the propane refilled, checked tire pressures and bought a new mirror and tire repair kit for the bikes. Getting excited.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jim, Dawn dishwashing liquid is what Di-Cor recommended for cleaning the roof before they took on their own products. It is very slick and one does have to be very careful, though. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, sorry to hear about your friend. I think about that ever time I go up on the top. I also worry about that latter on the back breaking while I am climbing up. If you need some help I will be glad to go with you or meet you at his place.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, Dennis, he ended up having a neighbor from church help him out. He called me to get some tips.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:48 AM   #11
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Sad to hear about the misfortune of fellow MOC'ers, but very enlightening to hear of the wonderful helpful people like Ozz and Dennis. You guys help make this forum family.

Thank you, thank you!

Only 96 days until the Quartzsite rally.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #12
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Ozz,

I guess that is why Bob doesn't let me on top of the Monty. He washes the top and I do the sides. I am so sorry that your friend fell, but glad to hear that with time he will get better. It is always a good reminder to all of us that you need to be very alert when cleaning, driving, sleeping etc in or on an RV.

Hope to see you in a week.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote