Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #21
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I have never understood why Keystone hasn't made another unit with similar storage space to my 3555RL. Our entertainment center/computer desk is on half of the inside of the curbside slide. The outside half of this slideout is storage all the way to the ceiling. It's about 6'high, 6' wide and 18" deep. Sure can store a lot of stuff including my golf paraphenalia. I haven't seen another model similar in Keystone products or any other manufacturer's floor plan.

Orv

ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #22
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
From what I am reading, Keystone won't be getting the Malcome-Baldridge Quaility Award again this year. RichFaa has said it over and over, its an "RV Industry Culture" Qualilty Problem. Same as Ford and GM, and now Toyota has surpassed Ford in sales. As DonandBonnie said, build a better mouse trap, so i wonder what the Japanies will call there new fifth wheel unit when if they ever start importing one. That should send shock waves through the Keystone Board Room.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #23
Sandi
Established Member

M.O.C. #4207
Amen on the kitchen getting HOT in the 3295! I love having all the counter space but would think twice about getting this model again. Been looking real hard at the 3400..just have to convince Bob?? Maybe in another year, really don't like the black trim in the 07's.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #24
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Well so far I cant say anything negative about Keystone, of course I have only owned my 2980 since oct 06. I did have to figure out a few things and got loads of help from ppl on this site, like quieting down a water pump, figuring out my satellite hookup, and did have to get a new fridge door because of the bottom hinge breaking. An oh yea that @!#+%$!@# off set awning! lol. but a friend of mine bought a new Teton 40 ft triple axle 3 slides. so far he has had a new shower installed (bottom cracked) 2 slides leaked, new air condtioner, a new window (duel pane) that leaked , already had to install new rubber gaskets on 2 slides, a replacement mircowave, and this is all I know about. This teton is less then 2 yrs old, cost over $100,000.00 and has'nt been pulled hardly any. so just goes to show even the most expensive ones have problems. And I like to make my own improvements , and to tinker. And I know Ozz wouldnt have a coach he couldnt add to, make improvements on lol! I'm looking at his improvements he has made and probably will do some of them on mine. I think 70% of owning a rv is making them like we want'em, then boast to the manufacturer "Hey look at this!" dont ya wish you had thought of this!" lol. Anyways I know any manufacturer could listen to the consumer more and pay attention to the big aspect of quality control!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #25
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Ozz, if I was a Keystone Executive I would hire you as a consultant. You have done the travelling, been through the aggravation and determined the solutions. They should bring you to their design and production people and let you have your say.......Pete
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #26
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Pete, I appreciate the vote of confidence, one would think as many years as they have been cranking these things out, they would do a better job of adding the little things that we all agree we need, or have on our list as high 'Wants' . Amazes me.
It's still an amazing, beautiful livable RV, and I love it, but you know what I mean.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:59 AM   #27
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have seen many other manufacturers websites with color schemes on them. This would be nice for the Keystone product line, specifically the Montana and the new Big Sky line.

Thanks for listening and keep up the good work!!!

Phil P.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote