Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2006, 04:17 AM   #1
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
WHY THE BLACK FRIDGE????

I would really like to know the truth about why the wood fridge has been replaced with, in my opinion, a DOWNGRADED fridge with a black front? I can go buy a LESS EXPENSIVE trailer and get that. It may seem piddly to you guys, but you should listen to everyone, including the many people on this forum. The black fridge is a big NO NO...bring back the wood front. Apparantely it is too late for me as mine is scheduled to come off the line next week. I am totally bummed out by this. I can deal with the color changes and whatever minor changes were made, but the fridge is a really big deal.

CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Easy answer...the black is cheaper.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Just had an interesting conversation with a local Dealer (and %$#@@, just missed an early 07 3475RL gelcoat that sold last night).

Number 1 chief complaint at this Dealer has been the fridge doors, and to close the deal they have been swapping the panels with other Montys in stock and reordering the door panel. They have had several color variations come in, but so far the doors seem to match.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Ours just arrived the dealer and it has the dreaded black doors. It also has a darker wood interior that is even a little darker than a month ago. The TVs are not silver anymore they have put black sets in both front and rear. Stuck on the other end of the road for work will hopefully see it tomorrow afternoon and let everyone know about the changes as soon as I can. Still excited to move in just hope the rain is gone by Thursday.

Remember the.............
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:26 AM   #5
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
I agree, black sucks! We have a black stove & cooktop in ours and it's a total PITA to keep clean.

Do they meake stainless? That might look OK in an RV. But for now we like our wood front refer.

MuddyPaws
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote