Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2005, 06:50 AM   #1
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
Sober worm to come Jan 5

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051207/sfw079.html?.v=34

drifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
DAVE- WHAT CAN ALL OF US DO ABOUT THIS DARN DAD BLAME WORM????????? CAN WE TRACK DOWN THE SENDER AND PUT HIM OR HER ON THE """"HOOK"""" SO TO SPEAK????? I WILL BE WATCHING FOR YOUR COMPUTER EXPERT FIX AS WILL THE WHOLE FORUM.

LATER JOHN H
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Here's more on Sober...http://search.symantec.com/custom/up...t=gbh&x=12&y=4

Should point out that Sober is sent as an email attachment of some sort. My suggestion is DO NOT OPEN any email attachments unless you are 100% sure you know what it is and have verified by phone with the sender that they did infact send it. Be especially careful with any attachments ending in .exe or .zip This precaution is not just for Sober but should apply to any/all email attachments. I will always verify with the sender before opening.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
Basically what Glen and Lorraine said above. I will tell you all what I do but thats me. I have a Yahoo email account that I pay $20 per year for. This allows me to a) view my email on the Internet and b) allows me to pull the email to my email software. Now Yahoo scans emails for all its users (paid and not paid). Plus I run Norton (just me preference) on my laptop. PLus I use an email program called The Bat! I have used this since version 1.0 and have never had a successful virus or trojan mess with me. It is also not suceptable like Outlook and Outlook Express in having a virus read its address book and send out emails to other. Plus it does not use Internet Explorer to read the graphics in your email, which is another way to cause infections.

One last thing I so is I set it up that my email client leaves a copy of the email on the Yahoo server. This way I can go back and report SPAM! As of now I maybe get 2 pieces a day not bad. When I get phishing emails from Ebay or a supposed Credit Card company I also report them to where they were supposed to come from. I report at least one or 2 fake Ebay and Paypal emails a week.

Just doing my part to keep the Internet clean and fast.
drifus is offline   Reply With Quote