Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2005, 04:40 AM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
staff requirement; my thoughts

Hi Gang,

Just a few thoughts.

Keystone Montana staff should be REQUIRED to use one of these units for at least a week. Tow for a minimum of 100mi one way. Use and Live in a unit for at least 1 week.

The units should be equiped with the basic pots pans dishes.
Linens / food, would be the responsibility of the user.

I realize a week in a unit is not the same as fulltiming, but think of the positives.

Keystone should provide units for this purpose, say less than 5 yrs young and a tow vehicle. Travel Expenses should be payed by the employee. Tow vehicles from all three manufacturers with various hitches / aftermarket pinboxes surveyed. Keystone would write the cost off as a business expense for research and product development.

This would have many benefits to all of us in addition to boosting morale in the facility. Employees would have first hand experience with a unit and some of the issues here.

In talking to one rep. He has minimal to no experience using, towing, and living the RV lifestyle. The Montana Keystone group does listen to its owners and feedback, which can be seen in improvements to the newer models. I can not think of any negatives with an employee usage requirement other than the inital cost of setting up such a program.

Wear and tear could be more closely monitored by the factory as well as a user checklist / survey which will result in continued improvements. Hypothetical, simple things such as Screws instead of staples for instance or glue and screw instead of just screws.

This has the potential of a more usefull durable RV. I'm sure the factory sees its share of problems within the warranty period. However, not as much of older units unless its structural in nature. This would continually improve the durability of the Montana and its feature / dollar value.

The benefits are, current / future owners will be in a better position for resale. This will allow us to purchase a newer improved unit with the features we are asking for in our existing units.

Sales of new units will increase with the improvements. Provided the value of the improvements don't approach the glorified Cambridge.

Old 06-18-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
I agree but I fear that some Montana reps may just park at a sigle campsite close to the factory and never really tow it anywhere. So, I'd like to add another idea to this...Montana reps that are heading out to official events (shows, rallies, etc) should be provided a Montana and a tow vehicle to get out there. It will demonstrate some actual usage and their handling under different road conditions.

Not to mention it would be a good PR move...a Montana rep showing up in a Montana and talking about his first hand experiences. I can't think of any manufacturer's representatives that I've seen using their units or speaking from first hand experience.

With the increased usage and availability of high-speed internet access at campgrounds (and high speed data cell phones) the Montana reps can stay in regular contact with the office.

Fred

FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They do not have to do that..The keystone /Montana design and engineering team are very bright folks. Using sophisticated design software. The latest in Computer technology and complying with corporate cost effectiveness guidelines are able to build a cost effective Rv meeting all industry standards of safety and reliability..and who are we to suggest to these fine folks how to do their job...who, I ask..who..who. Everything is completely under control, under control, under control....und
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:36 PM   #4
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
ROTFL

If Montana could provide electrical diagrams with each unit, then I would believe they may be using "the latest in computer technology" and "sophisticated design software". But, that's for another conversation....another time....somewhere over the rainbow....

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote