Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Matching the date and time

How can I get the time and date format to match with my current time and date? As an example I posted on a forum and the time and date is Oct. 29th at 10:19 p.m., but the post reads Oct.30th 1:19 a.m. I know this is a real simple fix and I'll probably go Dahhh!, when someone explains.
Thank You, Denise

PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Hi Denise, just another new person on this site and don't have the official answer,but I think the time difference is because we are in California. I am presuming the site is administered somewhere back east, therefore the time is logged in at their time, which if all the way east, would put them 3 hours later than us. Anyhow, we are enjoying the benefit of getting a lot of collective info and experience from others on this site......be careful, it can be addicting Safe travels - on the highway and the net.

mike & ronni
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:54 PM   #3
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
I think the forum is on Eastern time. If you're on Pacific time, that would explain the 3 hour difference. I've noticed the time difference before, but just ignored it.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I agree with your assumption I am posting this at 4:13 PM on the 30 of Oct here in Alice Springs Australia. It will show 13.5 hours earlier on the post.
Good luck and tow safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:04 PM   #5
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
The answer has already been given but just to clarify. The actual server for the Forum is located in the CT zone. The Montana Administrator in the eastern time zone. The Forum Company is located in Ireland and so the time zone there is about 5 to 8 or so hours ahead of any of the zones in the lower 48.

When the Forum was setup it was just simpler to to choose a time zone and use it. Since Montana Administrator lives in the eastern zone it was only logical to choose it. By the way..... at the time our actual servers were also in the eastern time zone. That changed a couple of years ago because the servers could not handle the amount of traffic what was being generated by ForumCo.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:12 AM   #6
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Thank You for the replies. I thought the time difference was because of the set up was done in different time zones, but I also thought the forum could be set up to set each persons time to their own time zone........just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.....well guess I am...I'm always "behind the times" LOL, LOL, LOL!
Many Thanks, Denise
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
So, John Kohl, if you post something you really didn't want to say it's ok, you can delete it because you really haven't said it yet. right?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:42 AM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
John Kohl, can you get the winning lottery numbers here and then go buy the ticket where you are, or am I going the wrong way.? I remember once being in Singapore where there was 14 hours difference from Minneapolis. At 10 am. on Tuesday I turned on the tv and watched the Vikings game live from Minneapolis on Monday Night Football. What a wierd feeling. That just blew my mind.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote