Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2005, 01:48 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
foot flush on Thetford and manual?

I did a search and came up with nothing. Does anyone have luck with the search feature? I never do.

Sorry off topic. My neighbor's foot flush broke this morning. No spring action. She is in a Regal 5th wheel with a Thetford. I gave her their 800 # to call for the part. I told her I would ask the forum if this is a fairly easy fix. Somehow I ended up with the manual that only gives the instructions for this repair in Spanish. Never noticed it until I got the manual out for her.

The manual has some info in English, but on page three under the diagram for fixing the foot flush it's in Spanish. Is this the same manual you received? Mine is 5 pages.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:51 AM   #2
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Too fast on the clicker I should have posted this on Tech problems! OOPS!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fla native

I did a search and came up with nothing. Does anyone have luck with the search feature? I never do.

Sorry off topic. My neighbor's foot flush broke this morning. No spring action. She is in a Regal 5th wheel with a Thetford. I gave her their 800 # to call for the part. I told her I would ask the forum if this is a fairly easy fix. Somehow I ended up with the manual that only gives the instructions for this repair in Spanish. Never noticed it until I got the manual out for her.

The manual has some info in English, but on page three under the diagram for fixing the foot flush it's in Spanish. Is this the same manual you received? Mine is 5 pages.

Old 09-09-2005, 03:20 AM   #3
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
You will need the Model of Thetford toilet such as Aqua Magic IV or V, or Aqua Magic Aurora. Then go to this page and follow the menus http://www.thetford.com/permanent_main.cfm. When you get to the correct model and look at the parts list you can click on some of the part numbers and get instructions to replace that part. It appears it isn't a simple just get a spring type replacement. It appears you have to buy complete packages for upper and lower mechanisms. Good Luck OH, the instruction manuals are multi lingual so the english lines are mixed in with Spanish, French etc.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:22 AM   #4
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
thank you very much.

I guess I did not take the time to really look at the way the manual was laid out.

I pass the Thetford into on to neighbor.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:12 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Fla native
Your neighbor may find it almost as cheap to replace toilet (and upgrade) as it is to replace parts. That was our experience with our former 5er.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #6
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
When our foot pedal spring broke we found that it was just about the same to replace it rather than fix it, so we replaced.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Gotta go along with Parrothead and bob n pam. Forget trying to fix the old unit. Cost and labor will be nearly the same as a new one AND after you finally figure out how to fix the old toilet and you finally get it working again you still have an OLD toilet.

Also, you didn't mention the age of the Regal but the toilet could still be under the Thetford warranty. I would look into that before spending any money.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Warranty can be as much as 3 years. READ YOUR WARRANTIES!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:49 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Agree - check the warranty. Ours broke at 2 1/2 years and we replaced the toilet. THEN I found out there's a 3 year warranty. If I recall, the parts for ours would have been $40 and tax. The instructions showed a very long list of steps and required a second person in some parts of it to do it right. And it's not a job I'd want to tackle on the kitchen table. We had subfreezing weather outside so that was not an option either. We were leaving the next day for warmer weather, so we just bought a new one.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #10
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Just and update. My neighbor called Thetford as she is still under warranty. They told her they would not replace the toilet because they see the problem as fixable with a replacement part. Which they are sending to her. Since she does not have a tow vehicle I will be either towing her to local dealership or we will be putting our heads together (think Frick and Frack ) and attempting to tackle this little job ourselves.

I'll let you know if we flush this one out.