Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
vent fan location

We would like to change the location of the vent fan for the shower. It really is not convenient to have to open the door to the WC when we shower. Would like to see the vent fan moved to the vent that is located next to the shower.

gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:05 AM   #2
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Maybe the solution would be to put a fan on the bedroom vent as well as the W/C vent. Otherwise they would almost have to put in another whole vent, as the fan and vent in the W/C is a necessity that no-one would be willing to do without.
Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I don't know about anyone else but no fan in the wc to vent the odors would be unacceptable to us. We used to just open the door, no big deal. Later we added a fantastic fan to the vent nearest the shower. Now we just use that to vent shower moisture.

There is an option to add a fantastic fan when you order a new Montana. I think you can specifiy it be in the bathroom area by the shower. I think.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:23 AM   #4
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
I agree about just using the door. It also is an extra deterent to going upstairs for the "grandbabies" when they decide to take off looking for Pa Pa or Grammy. Gives the one not takeing a shower an extra second or two to catch them. We keep the Vent in the bedroom covered when were there because of the light, so a vent/fan in there wouldn't really work for us. Besides, just opening the door is easier and cheaper.

Joy
Old 07-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #5
Montana_139
Montana Master

M.O.C. #139
Gary and Karen Butler,

I did a double-take when I saw your forum name. Our names are Glenn and Karin Butler. Maybe we can trade histories sometime.
We have a Fantastic fan in the bedroom. We use that to vent the shower moisture. We have removed the door between the shower and the bedroom. I don't know what your 5er is like, but the hardest part of adding a fan in the shower vent in ours is running a 12 volt line to that location.

Glenn
Montana_139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:23 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Joy, ours is not in the bedroom vent but in the vent next to the shower, if that makes a difference. With the cover over the fantastic fan it really cuts down on the light. Plus if there's still too much light we can partially close the doors between bath area and bedroom area. Sorry if I confused the issue.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:46 PM   #7
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Steve,
No real confusion. Unlike you, (yet) we don't live in the Montana. You are very right, I guess I forgot there was a vent next to the shower, my bad. Now that I'm in here, I see what you were referring to. Also, now that I am personally retired, all I can say is that maybe all those hours of working had effected my Brain? Anyway, I promise, I'll be here more often (in the 5er),and not make that mistake again. Thanks for being so nice and "politically correct" in your response to my boo boo.

Joy
Old 07-26-2005, 03:40 AM   #8
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Could someone explain where this door between the bedroom and the shower is? I have looked at the model of Montana you guys have and then the picture in the 2005 book that I have and the only door I see is the one between the bedroom and the kitchen or the livingroom. Thanks Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Kathi
We have a folding door that when open cuts off the bed from the shower and water closet. We never use it. We just close the pocket door between kitchen and bedroom. This folding door is the privacy door that Keystone did away with and everyone loudly complained about. If we had company overnight in ours, then we would use it and I would complain if we didn't have it. I think Dick Whit put one in his.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Kathi, the 2005 models don't have those doors. Ours is a 2003 and has two wooden doors between the bedroom and bath areas. The vanity is on the bath side of the doors.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
But Steve the 3400 never did have wooden doors both places. That was one of my pros on the 3295 which was the first unit we saw in the Montanas and the one we thought we were going to buy. It was a hard choice to make and we didn't make it until we started signing papers. Color was part of the deciding factor as we were buying "off the lot" and the 3295 was green and I was tired of green.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:53 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, you are correct about that. The 3400RL was a new model in 2004.