Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
mrtgraz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11349
Lake George Any body been there?

Headed to Lake George NY, late in September anybody been there? Looking for a good roomy campsite.Don't want to feel like a sardine.

mrtgraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Since this is now our hometown, we no longer camp here. When we did, we liked this place. Only problem might be they don't allow pets. If you don't have a pet, I would highly recommend it.

http://www.ledgeview.com/
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
mrtgraz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11349
Thank You , I checked out there web site and it looks very nice. I called them and spoke to a lady called Pat, im looking for a place that is opened after memorial day and she said that they are. Was there any site that you would recommend?
mrtgraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
No, I don't remember actual sites. Most are spaced good though. It depends on your preference. Do you want 50 or 30 amp and do you want a back-in or a pull-through. You will pay more for 50 amp and I think all the pull-throughs are 50 amp. I think I would let them know your preferences regarding space, etc. and I'm sure they will accommodate you. They are good people.

TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Canbil

M.O.C. #13588
There is a great campground in Warrensburg, NY just north of Lake George (4-5 mi)
It is our home park, has about 1000 sites over all. It has lots to do there or you can just sit quietly. There are wagon rides, 2 pools, playground, bar & restaurant by the pool, shuffleboard, horse shoes, ball field, 2 ponds, tubing down the Schroon River (great fun when you take a cooler-we have our owns tubes, their tubing trip cost about 8.00 , tennis and lots to keep busy. Activities every day during the summer.

Rates for campers range from - full hook- up $60-70 ( last years book) includes 20-30-50 amp, many pull throughs - OUR FAVORITE SITES ARE ON MOOSE POND-all drive throughs, except the outside edges and they are bigger and pets are allowed

You can check all out at
www.LakeGeorgeEscape.com

We have been spoiled by our home park after traveling through the west-IT IS A GREAT PARK AND THEY HAVE A FREE SHUTTLE INTO LAKE GEORGE MANY TIMES A DAY. parking in Lake George during the summer is really tough and metered. We take the shuttle in and just walk around then take it back when we are ready.

Hope this helps! If you are looking a Memorial Day, make your reservation now.
Canbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Haven't camped there but I used to live near there. Beautiful village. It's a tourist town so things are priced accordingly. Warrensburg is a very nice town and nearby.
Hope you have a wonderful visit.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #7
bobsals
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10232
I second on Ledgeview, we camp there every year. Lots of shade, all under tall hardwoods and Pine trees. Very spacious sites and very clean. It is a quiet and relaxing place. If you are looking for a park with a lot more amenities, the "Lake George RV Park" is about a mile away and you would pass it on the way to Ledgeview.
bobsals is offline   Reply With Quote