Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #21
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad to hear you're doing ok. Hope things continue to pick up and get much better for you in the future!

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #22
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
TRUE that! I should of done this years ago myself, would never buy a stick homne again just like you we have a nice "HOME BASE"with lots of room between spots and take off whenever the mood strikes us, GREAT life for us!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Well, it looks like we might be joining you all as (I am not sure which title to pick) long timers or full timers! I have lost my job so we are selling our house, having a huge yard sale and moving on. We are thinking about moving to Wyoming first and see if we can both find work there to help us get back on our feet again.

I was just 6 years away from pulling the plug and being able to retire but that dream is now gone for good. Some times life throws us Big Curves I guess. Just have to grab ahold of what we have and make the best of it!

We are just so glad we have the Montana to live in and have a roof over our heads. We will make it I'm sure.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Hang in there and keep looking!!
I was unemployed this past year for 7 months. It hurt us financially but I got another job (for less money) and we adjusted our target retirement date. Life goes on and so will you.
Best of luck!!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

Well, it looks like we might be joining you all as (I am not sure which title to pick) long timers or full timers! I have lost my job so we are selling our house, having a huge yard sale and moving on. We are thinking about moving to Wyoming first and see if we can both find work there to help us get back on our feet again.

I was just 6 years away from pulling the plug and being able to retire but that dream is now gone for good. Some times life throws us Bug Curves I guess. Just have to grab ahold of what we have and make the best of it!

We are just so glad we have the Montana to live in and have a roof over our heads. We will make it I'm sure.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #25
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Hang in there! Tough situation, we'll be praying for you. If you asked me a year and a half ago if we would be full timers, I'd have just laughed. We didn't even have the Monty or a truck or any thought of doing this. Life takes funny turns, however, and sometimes, even if it's not your plan it can turn out for the better. We pray that's how you find it.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
FULL-TIMING, let me/us count the way(S)!!!.

We have a coastal home, lake home, forest home and many mountain homes!!!

We have more friends, see gorgeous landscapes, LessStress, no lawn mower (Bob), no real estate taxes, no more expensive utility bills, our sales tax has been cut by 3/4, insurance is less, no state income tax....yadda, yadda, yadda.......

We get to see sites alone or with new friends! Try new foods and restaurants! Visit extended families and friends scattered here and there!

Grand kids? 11! Been there for each birth! They enjoy seeing Grandma & Grandpa a minimum of 2x a year .... Spring (April-May) and Thanksgiving & Christmas. We also see our Drs at these times also! So a combo for our emotional & physical health!

Grandkids also enjoy coming to our "house" & play on the play equipment and go swimming and any other facilities where we are staying! When they get a bit older I hope to have them travel a week or two with us!

Our 5 adult children were raised to be independent and fortunately married likewise. . I am not saying life has been easy for them, but they have and are surviving life's curves and they know Mom & Dad will be there if needed!

Our 08 2980 Montana was our camper. This '12 3402 is our retirement home. When we can no longer travel, we will live this simpler life until no more!

There. That is our $.02! . Have a nice life & remember ... God is not finished with us yet!!!
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:27 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Packer fan you gotta do what you gotta do.You are fortunate to have the Montana to live in and take you to where the jobs may be. You will be alright.
We are long timers have been able to keep our S&B and have the retirement income to travel. We are so fortunate. Keep the positive outlook.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #28
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Life does throw curve balls especially when you least expect it!

Fortunately for all of us Montana owners, have a Plan B! You will enjoy having a home on wheels while you make your transitions! Good luck!!!

Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #29
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Scott Sue I have GOOD friends in Wyoming. If you would like to call me they may be able to help you at least they will be able to advise you on what is available. One lives in Dubious the other in Laramie. My number is 540 380 2683, ask for Lyn, just wait about a week our power is off, very bad storm.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #30
gkidsdlite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12956
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson

We dearly love our 12 grandchildren and enjoy their hugs, birthdays, and holidays. Sometimes we are with them then sometimes we are with them on Skype. They enjoy mugging on the video camera for us. We don't babysit. Full timing hasn't deterred our grand parenting, rather it has given us great stories and adventures to share with them to encourage them to be adventurous.

Full timing is for those who color outside the lines. I find no fault with those who need traditional structure or to own property or things to feel comfortable. I find that things own you rather than the reverse. As a full timer, I feel unencumbered to pursue adventure.
Amen on the things owning you!!!
gkidsdlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #31
mont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8179
dick Iam going fulltime jan 23 I am looking forward to that feeling
mont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #32
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Congratulations, from my point of view I just wished I'd done it sooner.