Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Fire1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8237
Send a message via AIM to Fire1
PDI and Owner Manual

What I would love to see is a factory PDI and a copy to go with the 5er when shipped.

Ours had numerous faults that the deal had to fix or is still in the process of fixing.
Having been an owner of a Class A motorhome I know what a good owners manual can make the one that comes with the Montana is lacking to say the least. its over 4 years out or date and does not talk to current models,

Fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
this has been said so many times but no fix the problem yet
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I can remember hearing, a long time ago, that Auto manufactures quality control was if the wheel had three out of the five lug nuts on "let it go and let the dealer correct." It was cheaper for the dealer to fix it then let the line stop so the extra two lug nuts could be put in place. Now my rumor control also indicated Saturn did not have that policy.
I do agree that quality control at the factory would make it easier for us customers. Too bad we do not have a way to impact cost to get their attention.
If I get a new one again and I find major problems when doing the PDI I will hold back some final payment similar to the dealers deposit to ensure my repairs get high attention quickly. Money does talk.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sailer

this has been said so many times but no fix the problem yet
Exactly.

Imagine buying a vehicle that costs what a Montana costs with a manual like the one with the 5th wheel? We would not stand for it...just about worthless.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:27 AM   #5
PackersBackers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8100
We just took delivery of a new 3400RL and that is one of our biggest complaints too. Auto dealers, etc., always give a buyer a manual that is specific to that vehicle, why can't RV dealers/manufacturers do the same??? Very frustrating.
PackersBackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:24 AM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I agree, we had two Keystone products a Everest 343L and a Cambridge (we miss the Cambridge). The SOB we now own has a worthless manual also. We are looking at the Big Sky 10th addition but haven't been able to see one yet.

We also will never buy another 5th wheel until we come into contact with someone willing to set the 5th wheel up and to include the HDTV systems all make everything work as it should. The PDI's we have went thru with all four of our 5th wheel weren't very professional. When the owner knows more about the systems than the person that is doing the PDI won't work again. They are all the same, doesn't make a difference in what brand or make. The QC just isn't there, and doesn't seem to be in the future.

I do believe with the Oil prices things will get worse for the RV industry as a whole. The answer is the buyer we are the ones to blame. I admit the excitement of going into the 5th wheels is breath taking, just like getting into the new Trucks. But at least the Trucks does have a usuable manual. GBY...

OIL just went over $128.00 a barrel. Next year we will need to budget at least $6.00 + a gallon. We as a Country are in serious trouble.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote