Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
6 disc DVD/CD changer??

Just noticed a strange situation while browsing through all the manuals. In the Big Sky literature both paper and on the website, http://keystone-bigsky.com/?page=options under Big Sky Premium Package it lists a 6 disc DVD/CD changer. What we got was a LG LHT734. Nowhere in the instructions does it say anything about multiple discs. Physically it appears to be just a single disc changer. Did we get a down grade? What's up, I know we got the Premium Package and all the other packages but no 6 disc. Anybody else run into this situation... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Dave--FYI, our 2007 Big Sky 340RLQ came with a 5 disc DVD/CD unit from JVC.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Thanks, then I am not dreaming. Guess I should call Keystone during the week... Dave and Betsy
Old 11-05-2007, 03:10 AM   #4
Riverside
Established Member

M.O.C. #4497
Exnavydiver:

I would be interested in what you find out about this from Keystone.
We just picked up our 2008 Big Sky this last Saturday. We have the single disc LG changer also.

Carol
Riverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:53 AM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We put a six disk changer/player in our Montana. Put an inexpensive switch with buttons to switch between DVD player and TV. Worked very well.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Don't be surprised if you got that instead of the 6 DVD changer. I asked about a couple of items stated as features in the brochure and was advised that they were not there. That they as the disclaimer states may make changes without notice. One of the options I was going to get was the rear camera system. That is not even available. They have not even done a prototype of it yet. Another is the BBQ LP connection that is or was on the Brochure or website I forget which but it is not included. There was another which I cannot remember at this time but I will post it. I asked them point blank after I had ordered mine and found out these things what else can I expect not to see that I was lead to believe would be on it? They said there should be nothing however they also said we include new things not on the brochure many times as they become available and that I must agree with as when we bought our 2005 Mountaineer it came with the pull out rear bike rake that we were not expecting in any way. It was not even in the brochure it was just a change they made and incorporated and we benefited from it.
I am very seriously considering changing the whatever in there out for a True Harmon kardan Audion Home Theatre Reciever. What will be cool about this is that all my components will play thru it and the already installed speaker system as well. It also is XM ready just needs the service opened and an antenna and it has a small docking station for an I-Pod which can house about 300-400 CD's on it. We can carry our entire cd collection on that small I-Pod and then play it through the audio system. It also has A-B speakers so I can isolate the bedroom from the rest of the system. It retails for about $500 but if you are an audiophile you know that Harman Kardan is a premium name in electronics. It also has 2 HDMI inputs and a ton of other inputs so you can have a complete home audio system in there. I am considering removing the feet from it and buying screws/hardware long enough to allow for the shelfs thickness and then screw it to the shelf from below. I may also put two small computer 12v fans in there on the desk side wall to circulate air and keep everything nice and cool. Another cool feature of this Receiver is that you can also get for about $65 the remote infrared sensor so it can actually be concealed and you can still control it from the remote. You will run all your sound through it TV, DVD, VCR, I-POD, XM radio etc and control all through the universal remote.
Bob
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Another thing Dave is if you get another DVD player get on that upscales so your DVD collection will look better than it normally does. It won't be true HD but they will be improved. I have been told any HD player will upscale but I am not convinced that that is true, Make sure the system is 1080P capable.
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Bob, we are on the road for the next 7 or 8 days but will give them a call as soon as possible. I have already considered a vent fan for that cabinet, it is getting fairly hot in there with the DVD player, the DVR, the Hughes modem and the wireless router. The router doesn't like heat at all. There is also an APC power source I put in there that will run it all for at least an hour and three with the tube off. That APC works great, the power dropped and I didn't even know it till the ceiling fan stopped. it was worth the extra 139.00. The on air antenna kicks butt, got 9 HD channels here in Cahokia Il. right across the river from the Gateway Arch. The beast tows great even in 40 to 60mph cross winds. Only had one small wiggle around Springfield, crossing a high overpass caught a stiff gust and it moved the back about a foot. Other than that only very light sway. Not even any white knuckles. The Jayco would have been a real pig. Well, we did 300 miles today so off to bed, catch ya'll later and I will post the results of my call to Keystone... Dave and Betsy