Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Pictures, avatars, etc

I understand the desire for persons to show their rigs, their thoughts, their egos, etc., but sometimes I just want the postings, especially when I have to be on dial-up. Is there a way to "deselect" having all those things show when I login?

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Yes Karl there is a way, go to your profile and change the option to view signatures to no instead of yes. You can change it back and forth whenever you choose.

Now regarding ones that are in the body of the post, there is no option for that.

I do believe there are some internal options in your computer or browser for graphicsm something about compression when on dial up. I know many of the providers have that option in their software too.

When I have traveled and checked on the forum using my cell phone as a modem, that software had an option to change the quality of the graphics. Low quality meant faster surfing. I learned about that from someone posting about it on the forum.

Someone else will most likely come around and give you some better ideas, but those are what I use. I hope some of those assist you in solving your slow surfing.
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:19 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
You can turn the graphics off....

Using Internet Explorer, at the top of your browser
Select Tools - Internet Options - Advanced.
Scroll down to Multimedia and de-select Show Pictures.
Click OK.
Hit your refresh button at the top of your screen.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote