Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #1
mafought

M.O.C. #20423
Newbie day 3 - power strip, heater and radio

Greetings all, We have a Monty 3731FL.. The power strip that you pull up between the fridge and stove is not working..I checked the breakers and it's fine.. easy self fix?

Also Zone 3 of the radio shows the little lights dancing up and down but there is now sound..Zone 1 which is the bedroom and zone 2 which seems to be outside both are working.. Easy self fix??

I tried to get the heat on but nothing was coming from the floor registers..I Read somewhere that they have to be on auto to get heat and not the AC fan. The bedroom has a setting for heat pump which i put on since it was greater than 40 degrees.. i then also tried furnace setting.. no warm air anywhere.. propane is hooked up and on since stove is working.. I then tried the front thermostat and there is no heat pump setting on it for some reason .. i tried furnace and only got cool air for the AC vents on the ceiling.. What in the world am i doing wrong?? The temp outside was 52 and i was trying to take the cool edge off.. i did finally give up and put on the fireplace but winter is coming and i have to get this figured out..

Any help would be a big help!! Thanks in advance

mafought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
ok, I will try to help 1 question at a time. the power strip is AC and since you checked the circuit breakers and I assume you are hooked to a power pedestal, you most likely issue is a GFI outlet somewhere is tripped. look for one in the kitchen around the island or in the bathroom.

Zone 3 of the radio may not be connected to anything, you would have to pull out the radio and check, my model does not have a radio, so I cant help much there.

Heat... the front thermostat is the only one that controls the furnace as it is in that zone. you need to put it on heat and set the desired temp, this thermostat must have the fan set to auto for the zone, so you do not get cold air blowing down from the ceiling. you should then only feel air coming from the floor registers. give it time to light as it will go into blower mode first, then try to ignite. If it doesn't light, it could be a lot of different issues, but as you say the stove works, we can rule out propane and air in the lines.

Let me know what you get
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:52 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
What Jason said, plus the owners info says only one AC has a heat pump but our thermostats indicate both have them and ours work. Set the fan on auto, then set the thermostat on heat pump and set the temp above the current temperature at the height of the thermostat and give it a few minutes.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
adams7806
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18681
I thought I had a problem with Zone 3 also, but found that it was connected to the sound bar in the living room and that the sound bar had to be turned on! Hope that's what the issue is for you also because it's a pretty simple fix!
adams7806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #5
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams7806 View Post
I thought I had a problem with Zone 3 also, but found that it was connected to the sound bar in the living room and that the sound bar had to be turned on! Hope that's what the issue is for you also because it's a pretty simple fix!

that makes sense for zone 3, ill bet that is what the issue is
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3731fl, heater, radio