Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2018 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #41
leemedic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13354
So when will be signup lists be available for seminars?

Old 04-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #42
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
leemedic. At this point we (Wagon Masters and Asst WMs) are unable to give a date to when the events/schedule will be posted. Please keep watching.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #43
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
I have a question about one of the seminars. Is the ladies driving course just about driving ahead, or is backing up covered as well?

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Old 04-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #44
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
I have a question about one of the seminars. Is the ladies driving course just about driving ahead, or is backing up covered as well?
The course covers all aspects of towing a RV.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:14 PM   #45
Arizonacouple
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15914
The seminar is excellent and my wife really got a lot out of it. As a result, we drew up a plan and each year my wife is solely responsible for one driving and one hook up responsibility. The first year was driving on freeways and disconnecting the rig from the truck. Last year she was responsible for getting us into gas stations for fill ups and hooking the rig to the truck. This year she is responsible for getting us into and out of sites. None of these responsibilities came easily to her and with a lot of help and reinforcement I would now say she can run the rig without my help. Now having said that I'm throwing out a word of caution as she will be bringing the rig into the fairgrounds and setting the rig up.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #46
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Let me make one recommendation to the ladies that want to take the driving course-- Keep watching the 2018 Fall Rally threads here on the Forum. Once the class is arranged and the is posted here, you need to jump on the computer and sign up for the class. This class for the ladies is a VERY POPULAR CLASS and it has a limit as to how many may will be able to attend the class. Keystone puts on this class and do an excellent job. They have a classroom session to begin with and then go to the parking lot and the class attendees are broken down into groups and they go through hook-up, backing up to hook-up and also backing the unit attached to the tow vehicle and also driving for a short distance towing the Monte. The Montana's are NEW and furnished by Keystone and the tow vehicles are voluntarily given to the class by the attendees of the Rally. ALSO NO MEN ARE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE CLASS OR OBSERVE THE DRIVING SESSION OF THE CLASS. If the instructors or the coordinators for the class spot any of the husbands or other men watching, they will be approached and asked to leave, period, no other choices!
Keep an eye on the Forum posts for the Fall Rally and watch for the sign up for the Ladies Driving Class!
Old 04-07-2018, 05:07 PM   #47
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Any idea when we should be watching for this? We will be on the road for part of the summer and may not always have access to wifi. We are taking a trip out to California and up the coast. Thanks.

2017 High Country 305RL
Old 04-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #48
Ladybug8881
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14640
Ed & I are signed up. Looking forward to seeing new & old friends from last year. For newcomers, it will probably be the wisest investment you will make. Three years ago, I thought I would attend a seminar on “tires/towing loads” for my hubby who was busy with some repair work being done one our Montana. Little did I know how much knowledge I would learn and insisted Ed attend the repeat session - we bought new tires (G Rated) and have not suffered a tire blow since. Montana also puts these on new models now.
We also celebrated the Furst Ladies’ Luncheon meet & greet. It was very well attended. Hope we do it again.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:16 PM   #49
bones
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14557
Marcie and I are both excited to return to the MOC rally again. Having trouble getting registration figured out.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:13 AM   #50
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Bones, what problem are you having getting registered? I assume you clicked on the registration link. This is the link: https://www.regonline.com/2018MontanaOwnersClubRally.
Then you do a new registration. If you continue to have an issue, contact me. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:46 AM   #51
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
We are arriving on September 18 and have arranged for the extra night with the fairground.

2017 High Country 305RL
Old 04-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #52
Arizonacouple
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15914
We arrived early last year and there was another rally in progress where we will be. Coincidentally, our assigned site was not being used and the rally master gave us permission to set up in our site.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #53
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
2018 rally

Janet & I missed going to the 2017 rally so much,
after attending 4 years in a row.
We have just registered for the 2018 fall rally
and will arrive at the fairgrounds on September 13, to enjoy the area.
Reservations made with fairground office for early arrival.

Will be watching for workshop sign ups
and coordinator openings available.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #54
artfuldodger
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10933
John and Gayle Devall will attend again this year. Artfuldodger and Ratherbe respectively.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #55
kleentank

M.O.C. #20977
Is there a way to contact someone about being a vendor at the rally? We provide RV holding tank cleaning services. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #56
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Send me a PM. We are having a planning meeting next month.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #57
Blacky
Established Member

M.O.C. #21016
Registration

Registration still open, or is it full ?? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rames14 View Post
Well, it's that time of year again. April 2nd, registration will open for this year's 15th Annual Goshen Rally. Terrie and I have the privilege of being the Wagonmasters this year, along with our Assistants George and Rosetta Person and Bill and Mary Van Nuys. In recognition of the attendance at our 10th Anniversary, we know that there will be great interest in the 15th. So, we have expanded the tents and reserved more camp sites to accommodate 150 units this year. Once we have 150 rigs registered, we will begin a waiting list. The cost will be the same as last year - $75 per unit (assumes two people per unit - there will be an additional fee for additional people) for the rally and $175 for (7) nights of camping.

For those of you who have not attended a rally before, you MUST sign up for events. Registering for the rally only guarantees you a site and that you are attending. Each tour, meal and event will have a separate signup. In the past, we have had people miss out on opportunities because they didn't realize they needed to sign up for each of the events.

Shortly after registration, we will begin looking for event coordinators. Whether you are new or have attended one of our rallies before, we are only as successful as the people that help out with the activities. Please be generous with your time and talents.

We are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Be watching for April 2nd. In the meantime, safe travels.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:42 AM   #58
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Blacky, registration will stay open until sometime in August, going from memory here. However, we have a limit based on tent size and site availability. This limits us to 150 rigs. I just looked and as of April 20th, we had 102 rigs registered. Since this is the 15th Anniversary, we anticipated a larger group. Based on the way registrations are going, I would guess we will hit this limit early. After that, we will begin accepting spots for a waiting list. As we get cancellations, we will take the people off of the wait list in the order that they applied. We cannot exceed the 150 unit limit, however. Hope this answers your question.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:47 AM   #59
Blacky
Established Member

M.O.C. #21016
Thanks !
Old 05-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #60
David J.
Established Member

M.O.C. #20190
This is the first year that we will be attending the Fall Rally, and we have registered for the rally. However, how do we sign up for events?? Help??
Thanks!
Closed Thread