Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC on M.A.R.S. > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2019, 04:08 AM   #21
DebNJim B
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northville, NY
Posts: 200
M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Try this one. New 19 3700lk. First trip to Zion NP, the shakedown run as I call it. Pour my chemical in the black tank. Day 2, grey tank is full, pull the valve and walk away. Come back 20 minutes later, close valve. Go to bed. Day 3, take shower in the am, shower starts to FLOOD. Stop shower immediately, walk out buck naked, dripping wet, check panel, it say “DRAIN ME STUPID”. dry off, go outside, pull grey valve, and nothing comes out. Hmmmmm, pull the black tank valve, what the heck and guess what, grey tank drains. YES, THEY MISLABELED THE BLACK AND GRY TANKS !!!!!
Well it was interesting cleaning out the bone dry black tank.
Today, I still chuckle about that......
Seems like mislabeling the tank valves along with crushing the ferrule on the ice maker water line so you get a shower is common practice at the factory. Fortunately, I discovered it in the driveway with all fresh water while checking and tightening all the water lines left loose at the factory.
__________________
Jim B
2017 Lariat F-350 FX4, CC, SB, 6.7 PSD 4WD
2018 MONTY 3731FL, Residential Refer
DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #22
QKnot
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: La Center
Posts: 20
M.O.C. #24001
Not my Montana, but in my previous toy hauler, I rolled up to Ft Stevens a little after sunset. Hooked up the water, turned it on, thought it was odd that I could hear flow. Oh well. Continued my hook up routine with leveling the trailer and such when I felt a few drops. No big deal. It's Oregon. Must be raining. Then a few more, then a whole slug of water coming off the top of the rig. I had hooked the water to the flush connection. On that particular trailer, they were right next to each other and only labeled with a small black label. Thankfully, nobody tried to use the toilet and it didn't leak. That was probably the quickest I've ever hooked up the sewer hose. The black tank got a good flush that day.
QKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:42 AM   #23
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master
 
Ram Montana High Country's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: POINTBLANK
Posts: 641
M.O.C. #19944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Try this one. New 19 3700lk. First trip to Zion NP, the shakedown run as I call it. Pour my chemical in the black tank. Day 2, grey tank is full, pull the valve and walk away. Come back 20 minutes later, close valve. Go to bed. Day 3, take shower in the am, shower starts to FLOOD. Stop shower immediately, walk out buck naked, dripping wet, check panel, it say “DRAIN ME STUPID”. dry off, go outside, pull grey valve, and nothing comes out. Hmmmmm, pull the black tank valve, what the heck and guess what, grey tank drains. YES, THEY MISLABELED THE BLACK AND GRY TANKS !!!!!
Well it was interesting cleaning out the bone dry black tank.
Today, I still chuckle about that......
my '17 305RL had the labels backward … good thing I dump the 2nd gray tank last
__________________
RAM 17' 305RL HC EAST TEXAS
MorRyde Steps
Slide Toppers
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:58 AM   #24
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master
 
Ram Montana High Country's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: POINTBLANK
Posts: 641
M.O.C. #19944
Confessions - more expensive, have a sliding hitch and didn't use it - $900 to replace sliding window and left two dings in cab …
__________________
RAM 17' 305RL HC EAST TEXAS
MorRyde Steps
Slide Toppers
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #25
Montana Man
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Lemoore
Posts: 587
M.O.C. #21963
My hydraulic slide valves and the outdoor lights were all labeled wrong. I think my trailer went through the assembly line backwards.
__________________
2016 3160, Legacy, Manufacturing defects corrected by me, 2014 Ram 3500 SRW SWB 4X4 6.7 Aisin Mega Cab, EBC slotted disks and brakes.
Montana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:19 PM   #26
Caniel
Montana Fan
 
Caniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Arlington
Posts: 103
M.O.C. #21610
+2 on don't bother people
__________________
Cande & Daniel (Caniel)
2010 Mountaineer 295RKD | 2019 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax 4x4 CC LWB DRW

Caniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:13 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 19,528
M.O.C. #2839
lesson learned from my first 06 3400. When we purchased the 13 33402 we poured easter egg dye in all the tanks then pulled each marked tank to see what color came out,They were marked wrong.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #28
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master
 
WeBeFulltime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hixson
Posts: 2,946
M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
lesson learned from my first 06 3400. When we purchased the 13 33402 we poured easter egg dye in all the tanks then pulled each marked tank to see what color came out,They were marked wrong.
I use a clear 45 degree fitting at the main discharge and I assure you I don't need Easter egg dye to tell the difference between black and gray water!
__________________
2018.5 Montana 3791RD
2012 F350 SRW 6.7 PSD

Full Timing since September 1, 2010
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:03 AM   #29
jeffba
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bastrop
Posts: 1,756
M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
I use a clear 45 degree fitting at the main discharge and I assure you I don't need Easter egg dye to tell the difference between black and gray water!
Yes, and there are some things you just cannot unsee.
__________________
2019 20th Anniversary Edition 3701LK
B&W 20K for Ford OEM Puck
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW
Poke super lignum unum et diem
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.