Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
Larry-P
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11570
Rear stabilizer jacks

Our rear stabilizer jacks have stopped working. I can only get them up & down by hand cranking.
I cannot find a blown fuse that would be the problem. Is the motor run by 12 volt or 120 ??
Any suggestion as to what might be the problem ?

Larry-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
The motor is run by 12 volt. Check to see if you have power going to and coming out of your switch and that you have power at the motor.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #3
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
I had to replace motor the first year I had camper. It was still under warranty but I got them to send me motor and I replaced. The motor is directly behind wheels so water from wheels is directed right at motor. I sealed motor with silicone at all joints and it has held up since.
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
You don't say what year or model that you own. On my '09 3605, the physical switches for the slides, landing gear, and stabilizers quit working, and I have to use the remote fob to operate all of those. If you have a remote, try that.

On my rig it is the main remote control box that has failed, and I have opted to not replace it for now and just use the remote fob.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:38 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord View Post
You don't say what year or model that you own. On my '09 3605, the physical switches for the slides, landing gear, and stabilizers quit working, and I have to use the remote fob to operate all of those. If you have a remote, try that.

On my rig it is the main remote control box that has failed, and I have opted to not replace it for now and just use the remote fob.
This is well known problem with the remote control systems. Most times the fix is quick and easy. For an explanation of the problem and the solution many of us have implemented click here

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #6
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I have had the same issue on all 3 of the campers I have owned. I solved it by removing the motors and putting them in file 86. I made a tool that goes in a battery drill to move them now. It is way faster then the motor anyways and you can apply more lift/tightness.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
There may be an in-line fuse somewhere coming directly off the battery.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #8
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl n susan View Post
This is well known problem with the remote control systems. Most times the fix is quick and easy. For an explanation of the problem and the solution many of us have implemented click here
Yes, I tried the ground wire re-route fix when the problem first arose, ...with no joy to be had.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote