Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Meet you at the Show, the RV Show that is!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2007, 12:39 AM   #1
Bob and Sheri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #347
Richmond Camping-RV Expo- Virginia

We are heading out to the Richmond RV show this afternoon. No plans to buy a new unit, but we love to look! They usually have a lot of information about RV parks also. The show will be held today thru Sunday at the Richmond Raceway Complex.

Bob and Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:04 AM   #2
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Good to see another Monty owner in Richmond. We are heading out tomorrow to do the same, look and check out the offerings.
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:35 AM   #3
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Bob and Sheri:

If you see a Big Sky there at the Richmond show, please post that info and/or shoot me a PM or email, and my wife and I will dash down there Saturday to see what it looks like.

Enjoy!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
Bob and Sheri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #347
Just got back from the show. There were a lot of people there! Lots of RV's were outside this year, so dress warmly if you go! We only saw three Montana's. Two of them were Mountaineers. No Big Sky at all. All three units were from Southern RV. We special ordered our unit from them so we could get exactly what we wanted. Surely they would come up with a great deal for you also. Ask for JV and tell him we sent you!
Bob and Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #5
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
I went to the show yesterday with two buddies. All three of us just bought new units last year so more just something to do for the day. Like you said, the Montana's or Mountaineer’s were not there. None at McGeorge and it was so crowded and jammed up at Southern RV I didn't even look. Greg at Southern (where I bought my Mountaineer) told me they had 20 more units outside but it was cold outside so we didn’t go look there either.

We all agreed it’s more fun when you are in the buying mode. Ran into a friend who’s life got changed by a family crises last year. They have gone from casual camping to a month plus each trip. They have a Chevy and Mountaineer less then a year old and they are looking to go bigger in truck and camper, much bigger & more power.

Maybe next year, after a full year of real camping, the show will be more interesting to me.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:32 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I like to look at the shows just to see what has changed and to get ideas. Mostly I just like to look, though.

The Savannah show is next weekend. I'm hoping there will be a Big Sky there, but I'm not holding my breath.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #7
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We went to the show and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Southern RV only had one, the 3075, which is the one we own. We are very happy with it but just wanted to see what was new. I think if we are around next year we might drive up to the Chantilly show.

Dorothy
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote