Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
gary s swenson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18604
Function of valves on water line to ice maker

We have a 2017 3721 rl with residential refridge. I have found the valve under the sink and the valve behind the drawer beside the refridge. Can someone please explain the intended function of each valve? I am wanting to drain all my lines and blow them out for winter and want to make sure I get all the water out. I have drained the fresh water tank and opened the low water drains as well as removing the sink drain cap.

gary s swenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
They should just be 1/4 turn valves to shut off the water supply. I have no idea WHY they put 2 on yours, as I can't even locate 1 on our coach.

With that said,I just cycled the ice maker a few times, until I got slushy pink cubes in the tray. Thats exactly how I received it from the factory in February of this year.
CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWin View Post
They should just be 1/4 turn valves to shut off the water supply. I have no idea WHY they put 2 on yours, as I can't even locate 1 on our coach.

With that said,I just cycled the ice maker a few times, until I got slushy pink cubes in the tray. Thats exactly how I received it from the factory in February of this year.
Mine has 2 valves also, thought we only had one under the sink, until we had water leaking out the slide, open a drawer and wow, another valve, but the tech crimped the brass ferrule.

I also have pink slush in my ice drawer, i flush everything with pink

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote