Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Update on RV Pet Heat Alarm

Well it came in the mail from the couple from Calif.That had it and never used it.The only problem was "no instructions"So I e-mailed the place that sells them and told them my story on the purchase.As faith would happen the guy that invented this product called me on the phone.I felt kind of special-first time talking to a inventer(lol)And what a wonderful guy he was.He walked me threw every thing I needed to do to get it working.You do need 2 cell phones with this or 2 walkie talkies(but your limited on the range with them)I plugged it in to my 12 volt outlet in the Montana.The temperature inside the Montana at the time was about 70 degrees.(parked in a strorage place)I set the theromstat on this device to 60 degrees so it would activate.Sure enough a little metal rod came down on my preset button on the cell phone(has to be set for speed dialing)and it called my other phone.Now how cool is that my friends.I think its a great invention when we are away from our trailers when its hot outside,and if the power goes out.Now I just have to figure out where I am going to keep this thing.The 12 volt plugs wiring is 12 feet long.So I do have options on where to put it.

What will they think of next huh??

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Pretty cool!
Your little guy will appreciate his dad taking care of him. (Or her)
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Harleyrider,
You may want to check out www.tiptemp.com. Temp monitoring using cell phones, pagers, etc. to keep pets safe. They also do motion, water, smoke, etc detection.
tara
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by txkrumm

Harleyrider,
You may want to check out www.tiptemp.com. Temp monitoring using cell phones, pagers, etc. to keep pets safe. They also do motion, water, smoke, etc detection.
tara
The link for that site didn`t work for me.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Sorry harleyrider, I put a period cause it was at the end of a sentence. Should be: www.tiptemp.com
good luck
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
dcowie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3207
Harleyrider, do you have a web site for the unit you have?

Doug
dcowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #7
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dcowie

Harleyrider, do you have a web site for the unit you have?

Doug
The web site is www.sunnyparkrv.com

For the cell phone thaT i will use just for the Pet heat alarm-Target has a Nokia 6010 cell phone for 39 bucks.T-Mobile has a pay as you go plan.No contract,no monthly fees.you just buy minutes and they roll over month after month.I think i`ll go this way.thiswill not be my main cell phone.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #8
dcowie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3207
Thanks Harleyrider. Our golden died in November 2005 and we will be getting another dog soon.
This device will solve a problem we were very concerned about.
Doug
dcowie is offline   Reply With Quote