Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Camp Robins Fam Camp, Eglin AFB, FL

Nice park with LARGE pull throughs, FHU with 50 amp, nice laundry and showers. Great reception for Sat TV and Aircard internet. Concrete patio is about 20' by 15'. Large side yard also. We are LOVING LIFE!!!! We will be here for two months in site 43. If in the area, stop by or call me at 916-710-1974 and we can meet off base.

Phil & Cathy

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Phil,
Walk on the beach and enjoy! Take enough time to enjoy the Naval Air Museum, too. Very Nice! 2 days. Good sand dollars there (Eglin) and Navarre Beach. Look for "Crabs Restaurant" at Pensacola Beach for great sunsets and good food! Hope it's warm enough for you and Cathy to sit outside?! Have fun!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Phil,

You are in the Redneck Riviera neighborhood.

Slight trivia here that many may not know: Jimmy Buffet came from this area and not Key West as many think. I believe he still has family in the Alabama area of the Redneck Riviera.

Also Destin Beach area is beautiful.

If you can, go to Orange Beach, Alabama just SW of Pensacola. There used to be a place there called Tacky Jack's Bar and Grill on the 2nd floor looking toward the water. They serve Gator and you should try it. Once at Orange Beach, just ask someone there and as all Rednecks, they will know where it is! They also used to have a great breakfast and they get busy early. Enjoy that great area of Florida. No hanging chads in that area! Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I thought you were going to the P'Cola Naval Air Station Fam Camp??
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Wayne, we did go for two days. We were offered a spot at Eglin so decided to Jump Ship at Pensacola and move to Eglin. I am trying to get some surgery done here so wanted to be closer to hospital. To all the others answering, we will have two months to check out these locations. Eating Gator? Not so sure about that. Does it taste like chicken?????

Dennis, We had a month reservation at Destin Army BUT, the site was so small we could not do a month there. A 40 ft site and no room for the truck or to put the awning out, very tight spots and interior roads. A nice place for MHs but not 5th wheels, IMHO.

Chris, We walked the beach at Perdido Bay from Pen Naval. Had to piggy back Cathy across a small inlet. She calls me her Knight in shining armor. We plan on visiting ALL the beaches in the area and "pig" out on fresh seafood. We were at the Fishhouse and they had salmon. I asked what kind and he said "Farmed Atlantic Salmon" needless to say, I passed and had the tilapia.......

As you can see, we are really excited about being here and can't wait to visit the area........
Old 10-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Phil,
Prayers are with you for whatever surgery you are having.

There is an alternative to getting old, and I don't like it.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Hi Phil & Cathy,

We hope your surgery is not serious, but in any case we'll keep you in our thoughts & prayers.

As for my new hip, I'm coming along just fine for 3 weeks.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Don and Annie, Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Not sure which one of you had the hip surgery but I am glad to hear it is going OK. My surgery is to open some joint space in my big toe. It's very hard to walk when the toes don't flex properly. Simple surgery but painful and not a quick recovery, for me anyway.