Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2006, 04:18 AM   #1
Montana_5833
Established Member

M.O.C. #5833
Choosing a GPS

I am looking for opinions on which GPS to purchase. Our travels will pretty much start now, since I have recently retired. Our trips start from LI NY, which seems insignificant but as you can see from my user name I've seen way too many tractor trailers on the wrong roadways. I am not very familiar with out of state roadways but here on LI, parkways are for cars only and if you venture onto one with an RV you will surely be stuck under the first over pass. Point being a new GPS should have a truck route option. I am not one to plan the route on my computer, upload it to the unit and go. I want to enter my destination and start the trip. I'm sure that planning the trip step by step is desireable but these new units can accept multiple destinations and plan the route for you. I have been looking at the Garmin 2620,2720 and the Magellan 760. Any oppinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Anthony
Montana_5833 is offline   Reply With Quote