Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Can I get government funding for my study.

I started my new study today. It is gonna be a long term, 5 year study on Montana graphics and Red Max Pro. I always did wonder, ok I wondered after I got my Montana, but I wondered since RMP is a thick polymer if I applied it to the nose and tail caps and the graphics if it would stop them from peeling. So, my graphics are in the early stages of peel. I found a couple of spots where they have just started to feather. I applied RMP today so we will see if that stops the peeling and if it keeps the graphics nice. Actually I am just lazy and am tired of scraping bugs off the nose and having to wax it. But it will be a nice bonus if it does stop the peeling. I mean congress funds studies of the mating habits of the spotted 3 toed tree frog so why not my study. The heck with the money just send me some of those out of work secret service guys to help me do the rest of the trailer lol lol...On another note the Montana now has a shiney butt and shiney nose. Hope it helps getting the bugs off cause we got lots of them this year, and I have been doing my part in killing as many of the little buggers that I can.

steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
The bad part about those studies, is that the money is considered "earned income" by the IRS before the fight. Then the fight costs so much that all the study money has to pay for it.

To HECK with that. Use the RMP. Sit back. Admire. Enjoy (especially with a cool one).
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Twist your study just a little and you should get the money. See if spotted three toed tree frogs seem to mate better on your treated decals. Tell them you think they do, or produce more eggs or whatever and the money should roll in. Of course, then they'll say you're earning over the allowance to be on SS and take most of it back in taxes.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Haven't you all figured it out? RVs and Trailers will never warrant federal study money. If it did there would be answers to terrible tires, terrible workmanship, components that fail too fast and stuff like that.

A study requires a subject matter that is more obscure, ridiculous, or unimportant. Maybe if you wanted to study how to tow a trailer upside down, or with square tires, or things more stupid than that, then you stand a better chance of qualifying for Federal Funds.

But keeping a trailer from losing decals, keeping it clean, or other sensible subject, you may as well fuhget-abou-dit.

Note: There is a fine line between the benefit of taking any monies, then giving it back in taxes, but only if the costs are less than the money you get to keep. Huh? Did I say that right?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote