Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Roamers Retreat CG, Kinzer, PA

So much has been posted about Roamers in other thread, I don't think I can add anything except:

We are in Space 64. Will be here for 3 night (at least)

We left Cedar Ridge (See other post) and traveled down River Rd. PA 521, to US 206, to US-209, to PA-33. I was following TomTom (no, not a TomTom in a TV in front of me - you know, the GPS TomTom) and, I had scoped out the route on MS S&T last evening. I had decided that I was going to follow US-222 on down to PA-30 and hang a left to go to Roamers.

Well, TomTom was telling me to go a different way as I got closer to 30. We said, "What the heck!" We followed TomTom's direction. Now I can't tell you the roads we were on, but they were all, and I mean all, back roads with max speed of 45 (posted) and down to 25 for a lot of them (posted) with twisty turn that I would have been proud to say I had ridden on a motorcycle.

My wife used some words to describe the scenery that was more powerful than "beautiful" I'm not going to wake her up to ask her what the words were. But, with just the little bit I was able to see I would describe as "beyond beautiful." TomTom must have known what we had wanted to see.

Strange thing, as I came to the intersection of PA-30, I didn't know which way to go. TomTom was going crazy, and even asked me to turn around. No way Jose! So, being the man that I am, I called Roamers and asked directions. They said to turn left and that they were just a little bit more up the road. Gee! They were probably 300 yards.

As we were walking in the CG I saw a road going out to the road we came in on. Well, TomTom knew the CG was on that road, but it did not know that is not the way I should have gone in. So, I'm glad I reduced myself to the woman's mentality and asked directions.

CU
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote