Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
lilpeach
Established Member

M.O.C. #19266
Rejuvenate moc!!!!

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that there are the same folks that have nothing but negative comments no matter what the subject? I have started to pass over those names and not read their posts because they are not constructive. Be helpful in your responses rather than negative. I get the person posting their problem or complaint, but the responses should not be complaints. The Poster wants an answer. Most of us come to this site to learn from folks with years of experience, in finding solutions to our problems. If you have no solution maybe it's best not to comment. I have had a few problems and I have gotten help from this forum. I fix it or have it fixed. Nothing is perfect. Take that negative energy and turn it into something positive. Instead of complaining about the industry use that energy to help change it. I want new folks to join and learn from this forum. I don't want them to be turned off. I want to see this forum grow and not become like other forums with 5 members. Lets also be respectful to each other. We can express our anger without using foul abbreviations. This post is not to offend or preach but to have us take a step back and remember why the MOC was started!

Old 10-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #2
coachgrowl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20448
I totally agree.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:56 PM   #3
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
I agree 100% Judy

Bob & Carol
Tacoma WA
2017 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW crew cab 4x4 6.7L
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:04 PM   #4
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
This should be a helpful and learning forum. It has helped me a lot and saved me some money by all the suggestions and expertise.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:13 AM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
I agree with you. I have learned a lot from this forum over the years. How to fix things and modifications that improve the enjoyment of the unit.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:01 AM   #6
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBob View Post
I agree 100% Judy

Bob & Carol
Tacoma WA
2017 352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW crew cab 4x4 6.7L
So do I !

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:17 AM   #7
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
You have your point, but some of us stand toe to toe with what the day offers and others just dance around it. Just let it play out ... you'll learn lotsa stuff on the MOC either way.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:32 AM   #8
GLS3950
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18049
I agree also, I have told people about this forum and stated it is not like others. Told them the people are to help.
GLS3950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:34 AM   #9
rmthelen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12748
Send a message via MSN to rmthelen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Liggon View Post
Is it me or has anyone else noticed that there are the same folks that have nothing but negative comments no matter what the subject? I have started to pass over those names and not read their posts because they are not constructive. Be helpful in your responses rather than negative. I get the person posting their problem or complaint, but the responses should not be complaints. The Poster wants an answer. Most of us come to this site to learn from folks with years of experience, in finding solutions to our problems. If you have no solution maybe it's best not to comment. I have had a few problems and I have gotten help from this forum. I fix it or have it fixed. Nothing is perfect. Take that negative energy and turn it into something positive. Instead of complaining about the industry use that energy to help change it. I want new folks to join and learn from this forum. I don't want them to be turned off. I want to see this forum grow and not become like other forums with 5 members. Lets also be respectful to each other. We can express our anger without using foul abbreviations. This post is not to offend or preach but to have us take a step back and remember why the MOC was started!
Well said.
rmthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:49 AM   #10
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We absolutely agree with your post and this delicate subject has been discussed in a few previous threads that have resulted in little or no change unfortunately.

There are those that constantly bash Montana, Keystone, Thor and repeatedly vow to never buy another of these products at every oportunity they get. I just can't understand what these right fighters intend to accomplish with this behavior on "this" particular forum.

Of course your experience is what you were dealt unfortunately, and we get that, but why wouldn't one join a forum like the "unhappy Montana owners" Facebook page, etc, etc. where people of like experiences and thoughts gather?

However? We choose to continue to contribute and learn here from like minded Montana owners that choose enjoy their purchases.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:08 PM   #11
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
Send a message via AIM to Janet H Send a message via MSN to Janet H
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarMar View Post
We absolutely agree with your post and this delicate subject has been discussed in a few previous threads that have resulted in little or no change unfortunately.

There are those that constantly bash Montana, Keystone, Thor and repeatedly vow to never buy another of these products at every oportunity they get. I just can't understand what these right fighters intend to accomplish with this behavior on "this" particular forum.

Of course your experience is what you were dealt unfortunately, and we get that, but why wouldn't one join a forum like the "unhappy Montana owners" Facebook page, etc, etc. where people of like experiences and thoughts gather?

However? We choose to continue to contribute and learn here from like minded Montana owners that choose enjoy their purchases.

Nice post

The forum can be exceedingly useful for owners with rig troubles and asking advice and getting suggestions for those with experience can be a great way to solve problems.

I think it's important to understand the difference between outright 'bashing' and unhappiness with typical rv problems. Every RV has some issues - it's the nature of taking your rig into random places and bumping down the road. regular maintenance is a fact of life and no brand is immune.

As forum members we can all help by either answering questions or when you see a problem post, hitting the report post button so the site team can take a look.

Posts that are asking for information and solutions about a real life problems are allowable - those can include negative experiences but what isn't OK is outright brand bashing that serves no purpose other than to denigrate the brand. We consider these vendor disputes and they need to be settled with the vendor or dealer. The forum is not the appropriate venue for these sorts of posts.

It's sometimes easy to forget that a forum about Montanas is meeting pace for brand loyalists but it's also the place you visit to get help with a problem.

If you check out the site rules you can see the intent of the board. They are recent and begin this way:

There is no charge for joining this Forum! This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in Montana RVs. Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all be nice.
The 'be nice' theme is mentioned over and over and we take it seriously:
Be Courteous!
We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. Please treat each other with respect just as you would around a campfire.
No RV is perfect but how we all respond to "negative nellie' posters can make a huge difference. Thanks for being part of the solution

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:10 PM   #12
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
It's good to surround yourself with positive people. It's also good to learn from others experiences/mistakes. I've benefited from all kinds of postings here and understand the difference between venting and bashing.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:24 PM   #13
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I realize some people get a little carried away with there complaints but this is minor compared to some of the other forums. Everyone that has commented on anything i have said has been very respectable. I know i get a little upset with the rv industry as a whole for there lack of quality and don't care atmosphere compared to the automotive industry but some people just have to vent there anger. I enjoy the knowledge i receive from the members on this forum as it is very helpful even though the wife thinks this forum cost us money from the valuable ideas i receive. I just learn to skip over the negatives from some on here and go on. If you own a Montana or Highcountry on here then this is where you need to be.Not perfect but still a great place to learn and share your knowledge and experience.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:41 PM   #14
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Believe the continuous bashers/Thor haters are a a very small minority. The rest provide honest opinions and comments based on personal experience that provides valuable insight. Example, recent thread from multiple contributors upset with loose axle u-joints and resultant damage to titles etc. I read it, crawled under the fiver last week (I had torqued down 18 months ago) in prep for our travel to Florida for the winter. Sure enough, bolts had worked loose.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:49 PM   #15
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Some folks have had a bad experience with build, customer service or often their dealer (whether they realize that's the real problem or not). When they take it personally they often want to "get even" which results in continual anti Keystone posts. You'll learn to identify those individuals and, as stated above, just ignore their posts.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:23 PM   #16
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We joined this organization a number of years ago because of the negativity we noticed on other forums. This site has been a world of help to us over the years on a number of issues and modification. As such I hope over the years I have contributed.
I agree with the post.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:18 PM   #17
airboatart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17939
We have learned alot on this forum and find most post to positive and helpful
airboatart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #18
martyperu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13316
I agree with post. I have been a Montana owner for years and have totally enjoyed and benefited from this forum.
The bashers know who the are. If they are that dissatisfied with Montana's they should change to a trailer of their preference and join another rv forum that they support.
martyperu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:11 PM   #19
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
[QUOTE=Texan;1078469]...even though the wife thinks this forum cost us money from the valuable ideas i receive. /QUOTE]
Money well spent. After all, you can't take it with you
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:57 AM   #20
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
[QUOTE=CORattler;1078510]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
...even though the wife thinks this forum cost us money from the valuable ideas i receive. /QUOTE]
Money well spent. After all, you can't take it with you
Don't worry, my wife will make sure of that. I spend my money on the rv and she thinks we are on a big shopping spree when we travel. At least the money i spend on the rv is for both of us. I just sold a Shelby that was a bigger money pit than the rv.It's all in what you enjoy and we both enjoy spending and are blessed to be able to.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote