Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > House Keeping
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
How do you wash your clothes?

We have the Spendide combo washer/dryer. We must be using it wrong since any laundry that is prone to wrinkle comes out wrinkled. Thus far we have limited our use to stuff like underwear and socks where wrinkles aren't important.

Our neighbor in our current campground informs us that they do all of their laundry in their combo. They fold everything like they would when they store it away when they wash and then only partially dry. Final drying is on an outside clothes line.

Time to ask the experts. How do you use the washer/dryer combo to turn out wrinkle free laundry?

DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
We've read everything we can find on not wrinkling clothes in our Spendide combo washer/dryer and finally gave up and fixed a rod inside the Monty to hang things on that need wrinkle free drying. We still wash in the washer and it does a great job, just turn the drier off. We hang everything on hangers and when dry just hang in the closet. We discovered another thing by accident. We use a stand alone propane heater to heat in the winter. It works great but puts so much moisture in the air, it's sometimes like a rain forest in here. That was until we purchased a dehumidifier from Lowes. It will fill up in 12 hrs with the heater on so I ran a hose out through the kitchen floor to the ground. A pleasant surprise was that the laundry dried in about 1/2 the time hanging in the kitchen with the dehumidifier on.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We have a splendide and don't seem to have to many problems with wrinkles. That being said it's reported that If you put tennis balls x 2 in while drying it helps. Also it seems if you over load the washer it does wrinkle more and if you spin out on the highest speed .... Wrinkles more, we do wash our clothes and try to shake them out and fold them before putting back in to drying. All of the above helps. Most times we do have a CW ladder rack and hang dry outside weather and cg permitted. Our first attempts where pretty bad also but after learning what works no problem. Also it easy to over dry. My first few attempts clothes where hot hot hot, obvious to much drying time. Others I know dry theirs 3/4 dry then hang up to finish drying to help with wrinkles. I do have a iron if all else fails but do not use it very often. Good luck, you will figure it out. Others will come along with more ideas. It's a learning curve....love ours would not be without it!
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
We have the Splendide combo. We dry clothes for 20 minutes and then hang them to finish drying
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Wash. Stop machine before the dry cycle.

Take all clothes out. Give em a good shake.

FOLD THE CLOTHES.

Put tshirts, tops, back in, 20 minutes on the perm press cycle. If the are not dry, hang. CountryGuy put a rod cross the top of the shower permanently (Lucky for us, neither of us is so tall that we hit our noggins).

Take jeans, towels, socks, put in dryer (folded) and dry on normal (# 5 on my machine) for as long as it takes. Jeans can come out and be hung while slightly damp too. Hand press out any remaining wrinkles.

Stuff I want even dryer, give em another 20 minutes.

Takes a bit of time, but, hey, we rarely go out in the evening, I can do a load while I work on blogs and such.

Iron only comes out for craft projects.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
When we bought ours we followed Carol's advice and it worked great. Since then we've added two dryer balls (got them at Walmart). Have also found that small loads will go straight thru pretty good as long as we don't over dry. Large loads we still do just what Carol suggested.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
We generally run things through the dry cycle once, then hang them on the fold up round rack we got from CW, made to stand up in the shower.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:26 AM   #8
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
The dryer balls are hard plastic and make noise where the tennis balls are soft and noiseless. FYI in case u go that route.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:52 AM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
One thing I forgot to mention. I use lower dryer settings than the manual indicates you should. The first load I did, I turned Joyce's socks into doll socks. After that I found smaller loads and less heat helped a lot with wrinkles.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I actually did use tennis balls for a while, found they made no difference, or any difference that I saw, except we did find the noise annoying at times. Tennis balls are in the garage at the stickbuilt.

Your mileage may vary on this one. Give it a try, eh??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #11
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
We had the Splendide combo in our 2008 and used it full time for about 8 months. The DW can provide additional details, but I do recall that 100% cotton stuff wrinkled a lot and she was constantly hanging stuff up on a fold up tree thing she uses. That was her only complaint on that unit. With the new 3725 we had the Ariston side-by-side (Splendide brand) installed and have used it for about 2 weeks. The new one of course does much larger loads, dries faster, and does not wrinkle.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:30 AM   #12
bctravelers
Established Member

M.O.C. #4481
I see that everyone is talking about their Splendide combo. Do you have any opinion on the Pinnacle Super Combo?
bctravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:49 AM   #13
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
DW loves our Splendide. She followed directions from owners manual and some MOC friends. She says small loads, shake out and fold lightly between wash and dry, remove immediately upon completion. I'm pleased that even my shirts and pants are very nice.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote