Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
jimmy2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12317
Bad customer service

well I would like to first tell all you MOC that I would never let my 2006 3400rl go. I love my old girl to much (sorry for the old girl referents being an old navy guy we always refer to our ship as a woman). with that said KEYSTONE on the other hand I think I would never work with them again. this was the 3 time I called them on a problem with my Monty. This was 3 different problem and I will not get in to that now because we will be here all night talking about them. so what was this time we did some dry camping about a week ago we were going to leave and our gray tank was about half full. so no big deal we can call the honey truck and pump out the tank well no truck this time. so we started home only 20 miles so no big deal dump them in the morning. the next morning my Neighbor came over and said hay you are leaking . so I when out and sure enough there is a wet spot on the ground. I took a look at the under belly and there was water coming out of the basement. so today I pulled the underbelly off and here is what I found ---so when KEYSTONE put the trailer to gather they had weld a piece of angle iron cross the trailer with the knife edge up so that when the gray tank would get full it would push down on this edge and then it will cut in to the tank. after seeing this I call KEYSTONE and talked them about the problem I do not known why I call them because I knew what they would say the same old story “sir we only warranty our coach for one year so what do you want me to do about it”. well I told her I need some help with problem she told me that I could take it the dealership HAHAHAHA (La Mesa RV in San Diego this is the worse dealership in the world you would better to get a few Monkey to fix your coach). on a side note if you are ever in San Diego Ca. and need some work done on your coach take it to County RV Service Center in Santee, CA they will be straight fwd on your coach I have had a lot of big work done by them in the amount over $10,000.00 I cannot say enough about this company. so after leaving La Mesa RV and getting the answer I thought I would get and it when like this (gee gorge me no how to fix that you need to call the company) when I got to COUNTY RV and showed them the problem and asked them can I cut this peace on angle iron off so I can fix the tank they said yes. as they look at the problem if I do not move the angle iron that KEYSTONE weld in upside down it will crack the tank again and again. this is how great this company is that they gave me free of charge a repair kit to fix the tank. I will end this by say I know that there are a lot of you here MOC that has had good exercises with KEYSTONE getting help and to tell the truth this is all I was asking from them and all I got was “what do you want me to do”. sorry for the long story.http://s1061.beta.photobucket.com/us...25260609001716

jimmy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I have a new trailer,a 2013 3100to and they are not (UPDATE: They have resolved this issue! Read later posts!)helping us with two recliners that had the arms dented on arrival at the dealership. We didn't notice until after pickup because we didn't sit in them for long. So we are working with them and they keep giving me the run around. So I guess it isn't much better even with anew trailer that is under warranty. Glad to hear you finally received some customer service! Just wish it was with keystone!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
How can the many MOC members help jimmy2, BusyCarol and many others that are trying to get a resolution to their problems, but seem to be fighting an impossible battle with Keystone.

Should jimmy2’s problem with a holding tank support be covered even if his unit is 6 years old or should he be brushed off in the manner he was. If the person he contacted at Keystone were at all interested in his problem, then they should have said “take it to a Keystone dealer, if the brace was welded incorrectly then we will authorize a repair”.

Should BusyCarol be given the run around regarding their problem with the recliners or should Keystone again say, “You have a brand new unit, everything in it should be as new, we will replace the chairs, have the dealer contact us for authorization”.

That is just two of many Montana owners in similar positions with respect to resolving a problem with their Keystone product.

There are many on these forums who have met and are very familiar with folks in the upper echelons of Keystone, it is really sad that they will not step forward and speak with those who are in a position to see that their fellow MOC members issues are dealt with in a respectful and timely manner. Why can’t we intervene in these cases, why don’t those in the know, share the knowledge and contacts they have to assist other members of this family.

If the MOC represents a large portion of Montana owners, then as a group, we should carry some weight when seeking assistance for those who seem to be banging their head against a brick wall.

This is a great place to learn all kinds of things and meet lots of wonderful fellow Montana owners, why don’t we take it a step further and personally intervene when our friends are struggling. That’s what family is all about.

I have unresolved issues with my 2012 at the moment, but I have talked to a couple of people at Keystone, I don’t know yet if my own issues will be dealt with favorably or not, however anyone who wishes to PM me, I will be most happy to share those names with you in the hope it will help you solve your problem. That is the least I can do.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
The only thing I call Keystone for is to verify a part number for the worthless Mike T RV Super Store. Then I install it myself, or try to fix it, if that don’t work I replace with something, else but better quality.
They never resolved my problem and they are still using inferior quality material on the exterior of their product still to this day.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #5
bjlks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4218
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

The only thing I call Keystone for is to verify a part number for the worthless Mike T RV Super Store. Then I install it myself, or try to fix it, if that don’t work I replace with something, else but better quality.
They never resolved my problem and they are still using inferior quality material on the exterior of their product still to this day.
I agree 100%, Keystone will continue building units, as long as the consumer continues to purchase their product. Nothing will change until the consumer closes their check book.
bjlks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
busycarol, get the dealership to state there is a problem. keystone should authorize replacements. it should be that easy.

you shouldn't even have to deal with montana on a warranty issue. really.

email me if you want to talk some more.

mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
The sad part mazboy is that we did tell the dealership and they did report it to Keystone. You are right we shouldn't have to deal with warranty issues but we are!!! I told the dealership about the issues when we picked up the trailer. They submitted the issue to Keystone. We decided to go ahead and take the trailer because we were assured that our dealership has not had issues with them resolving issues. I agree we shouldn't have to deal with it but here is our story...

When we bought the trailer both recliners had dented arm rests and there were some scratches/tears. When we picked up the trailer we noted it with the dealership. They had some of the issues on their original report. We also called it into Keystone Customer Relations(in August) just in case they tried to say we didn't report it when we picked up the trailer. So when we took the trailer in for all of the other repairs at the end of the season (October 29) I explained that I wanted to make sure that the issue was being handled. The dealership had evidently noted the scratches on their original receipt of the trailer. Over the last 2 months I have checked in with the dealership and they said that they had called Keystone and Keystone's response was to offer up to $250 TOTAL to repair the scratch and the dents on ONE chair The upholsterer stated they would NOT be able to match the leather color or the stitching, and that only tear could be done for the $250. So of course we were NOT happy with that solution. So I suggested we work from both sides (dealership and customer relations).

So I started calling Keystone. Originally customer relations told me that the dealership did NOT report the issues. I knew that wasn't true because I had a pre-authorization request number and the warranty gentleman's name they were working with. So I told them the history. They said that if 'I' submitted pictures then they would look into from the customer relations side of things. So I submitted pictures. Then when I called them back to find out what the status was they told me that the pictures had to be submitted by the 'dealership'!!! Customer relations told me that Keystone felt that the chair arms were within normal range and that they would only offer the $250. I told them that was NOT acceptable!!! So I drove over to the dealership and they emailed the pictures with ANOTHER long report and included me on the email. They told Keystone that the armrests were uncomfortable. That was over 1.5 weeks. We still have NOT heard anything!!! The dealership said that with other brands of furniture new arms can be sent and just replaced. BUT with this brand, 'Flair', they are not allowed to do anything on equipment that is still in warranty. Keystone will not allow it. We have to deal with Keystone. UGH!

So if anyone has any suggestions on who to call I would greatly appreciate any and all help!!! We love our trailer but we are hoping that Keystone stands behind their product and fixes this issue.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Keith I have sent you a PM. Hope we can get some help for you.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #9
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Got you message. Thanks for taking the time to send it. I will be calling Keystone and will also email the two individuals that you suggested. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:21 AM   #10
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
I just picked up my trailer from the dealer who took care of the final warranty repairs as the one year warranty is finished on Dec 26. All I can say is: YAHOO! Every problem from this point forward will My be taken care of by me and will be repaired like it should have been built in the first place. Sad that this is the state of the RV industry, not just Keystone!
My previous trailer was a Forest River and had the same problems.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #11
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Agreed!
I believe the MOC as a collective group should have some influence with Keystone. Family helps each other.
Good post!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Irlpguy

How can the many MOC members help jimmy2, BusyCarol and many others that are trying to get a resolution to their problems, but seem to be fighting an impossible battle with Keystone.

Should jimmy2’s problem with a holding tank support be covered even if his unit is 6 years old or should he be brushed off in the manner he was. If the person he contacted at Keystone were at all interested in his problem, then they should have said “take it to a Keystone dealer, if the brace was welded incorrectly then we will authorize a repair”.

Should BusyCarol be given the run around regarding their problem with the recliners or should Keystone again say, “You have a brand new unit, everything in it should be as new, we will replace the chairs, have the dealer contact us for authorization”.

That is just two of many Montana owners in similar positions with respect to resolving a problem with their Keystone product.

There are many on these forums who have met and are very familiar with folks in the upper echelons of Keystone, it is really sad that they will not step forward and speak with those who are in a position to see that their fellow MOC members issues are dealt with in a respectful and timely manner. Why can’t we intervene in these cases, why don’t those in the know, share the knowledge and contacts they have to assist other members of this family.

If the MOC represents a large portion of Montana owners, then as a group, we should carry some weight when seeking assistance for those who seem to be banging their head against a brick wall.

This is a great place to learn all kinds of things and meet lots of wonderful fellow Montana owners, why don’t we take it a step further and personally intervene when our friends are struggling. That’s what family is all about.

I have unresolved issues with my 2012 at the moment, but I have talked to a couple of people at Keystone, I don’t know yet if my own issues will be dealt with favorably or not, however anyone who wishes to PM me, I will be most happy to share those names with you in the hope it will help you solve your problem. That is the least I can do.

CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #12
jimmy2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12317
i would like to say thank you all for your nice notes this had made me so mad when you ask just for some "help" that would have not even cost keyston any money just there time
jimmy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #13
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I agree Jimmy2! They would be better served to 'help' us because we could then sing their praises instead of venting on a website that caters to Montana owners that everyone in the world can see! Best of luck on your journey with Keystone! Keep us posted! I will let you know if I get anywhere and if so who I spoke with! We can maybe start sharing that we got the numbers from other Montana owners. Maybe then they will get the clue that we talk to each other!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Well Keystone responded to the dealership that they feel the arm rests are 'NOT a warranty issue and will not pay to have extra padding put in them'. They do NOT understand my issue despite being very clear that this NOT a comfort issue it is that the arm rests were CRUSHED during transport due to the straps being put on too tight and left on too long. So the next step is to start moving up the chain. If anyone has any suggestions or if you want to see documentation on how Keystone has handled this situation please let me know. I would be happy to share the emails where they do NOT solve my customer service issue!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Well I was hoping to hear some good news on your problem BusyCarol. It is shameful that Keystone will not resolve this, it clearly happened prior to your taking delivery of the new unit.

PM on the way Carol.

Now I would ask the membership how we can help out, can many of us email Keystone on their behalf, any suggestions for these folks.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Irlpguy THANK YOU for being so supportive! The posts and the PMs have been WONDERFUL! I am going to call Keystone tomorrow. I will let you know if emails from the members would be helpful. I may just send them to the forum and have them read about some stuff. I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done for us!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #17
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Carol, would your selling dealer be willing to take two new chairs from a unit on their lot and then claim "your" chairs as damaged??

Just an idea......
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #18
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
That is a great idea! I will have to check on that. Guess where I am going tomorrow?!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #19
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I have this in other post about dealership inspections upon delivery of new rigs from the manufacturer. I transported RV's for years and know their is a dealer inspection sheet that is sent with the delivery paperwork. Some dealers go over the delivery from top, inside and to the bottom looking for anything they can find wrong, Some even fill tanks turn on the furnace run the air put out slides do things like you would on your first trip. Then their are the ones who just see the rig is in the lot sign the papers and send the driver on his way. The dealer signs this inspection form keeps a copy and gives the other to the driver along with the delivery paperwork. The driver puts the paperwork in a prepaid envelope that is sent back to the transport company who then sends this to the manufacture and this is how the driver gets paid. If you plan to purchase a new rig of any kind demand to see the delivery sheets along with the inspection sheet. If the dealer sez he never heard of such a paper find another dealer.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #20
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Carol,
There is another option that you should explore. Try dealing with Flair directly. My dealings with them in the past have been excellent from the customer support side. The website is: http://flairinteriors.com/
Hope this helps,
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote