Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
Our trailer is a 2008 and the first week we used the the black sensor goofed up. No amount of cleaners, backwashing and such has ever made a difference. The greys are better but no reliable. The only one that works is the fressh or drinking water.

We now do what everyone else suggests. I looked into the external sensors but since the one I installed [external] on my boat holding tanks doesn't work either I'm not going to waste any more money or time on these sensors, internal or external.

And I do look after both trailer and boat. The sensors simply are junk.

clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:18 AM   #22
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Our rinser/blackwater flusher does not even work any more. So, we just keep up with the flush when it burps, or every few days, and unless we are boondocking, MORE water, LESS paper. Oh, and if we are boondocking, the LESS paper rule is followed, even more strictly.

A little Calgon and laundry soap down there now and then, rarely chemicals (only when we are sitting at home in the heat and not using the unit during the summer months do we use chemicals).

Yep, the ole chant works the bestest. MORE water, LESS paper. I know you are all tired of hearing it! But, it works for us.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #23
CBTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9267
I've read in earlier posts that Horst Miracle probes usually solve the problem. A friend of mine replaced his oem sensors with the Horst version and says that he rarely has a problem anymore. HOWEVER he also said that repacing them was not easy.I've decided to not mess with mine.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #24
JohnG3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1972
This worked for me and is a short term fix. Dump the tank just before you leave a campsite. When the tank is empty, put 10 gallons or so of fresh water in the black tank. On your way out, buy two 7 pound or larger bags of ice (you want the ice to slosh around so don't do it several hours before you leave). Add to black tank through the toilet. Drive to your next destination and dump when you hook up to the sewer connection. Sensors will work until the paper sticks to the sensors and you will have to repeat.
JohnG3 is offline   Reply With Quote