Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Some information on the Mesa area RV parks

There are around 123 very large RV resorts-parks in the area, (Mesa) only around 8 small parks.
The mega-parks are pricing the monthly rate, then adding on Trash and sewer, $30.00, (added to electric bill) and sometimes other costs. Some have pet owners in one section of the park, and non-pet owners away from them. Some do not even take indoor cats, some indoor cats are allowed into the non-pet sections.
Cal-Am resorts have many mega-campgrounds, we called Sun Life Resort and they had a 3 month rate of $795.00 (plus assorted add-on's) But the regular rate is $610.00, plus tax and add-on's. In Mesa.
My head is dizzy, (more than usual) from the 25 or so Sue and I have contacted and researched.
We will get closer, or in the city and check them out better, probably pull in some place and spend a few days looking around.
We will be in the city somewhere, so that rules out many remote resorts, or campgrounds. By remote I mean 20-30 miles outside the city.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jim,
You can easily drive yourself crazy looking at RV parks in the Phoenix area. And getting around in the Phoenix area is no easy task. Even with a pretty decent freeway system it takes a long time to get from one side of town to the other. When going somewhere plan on giving yourself plenty of time.

On the north side of Mesa there is a great county park. Usery Mountain Regional Park is a wonderful park. It sets up on a hillside looking over the valley. It has electric and water hookups. No sewer but does have a dump station. All kinds of wildlife will wander thru the park. This would make a great place to stay while you look for your "ideal" park. Good luck. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks for the tip! I did see the park mentioned, but no sewer. We just may look closer at that. Does it have security when people are out and about?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
It also has the Usery Mountain shooting range. Been there several times.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Does the shooting range qualify as security???
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Phil,
I had forgotten about the shooting and archery ranges. They have a really great recreation area. A huge area around the park with walking and equestrian trails. We were really impressed with the park as well as the many other facilities. Jim there is not much need for security but IIRC there is a ranger on duty most all day. Can't remember what they had at night. But I'm sure the County Sheriff has the park on their duty circuit. They may even have a Park Ranger that comes around. There are a couple of Campground Hosts on duty but I doubt they have any security duty or authority. We never saw any need for much security as it is sort of remote and there are "officials" on duty but guess one can never be too cautious. Good luck. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Ozz,

We always stay in the Apache Junction Area ( next to Mesa ) Lots of smaller & lots of Large Parks.
There is also a KOA there, If you want to look around for a Park for a few days.
Last year we went to the East Coast, year before...the Gulf Coast.......This year, we'll stay at http://www.weaversneedle.com/
It,s less then $500 per month Plus .11 per Kwh for power (I think).
Like I say, there is a lot of RV Parks.......but if you haven't booked ahead....some may be hard to get into.

John
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote