Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
No gas to refrigerator

I noticed when we returned from trip before last that when I unhooked and went inside before running slides out the refrigerator lights were flashing. I didn't think much about it until I hooked up to leave this trip and went inside after running the slides in to switch the refrigerator from automatic to gas, tech that did the PDI with me suggested this to me to prolong the life of the circuit board since it wouldn't constantly be trying to switch to electrical the whole time, and the lights were flashing. I tried to light a stove eye, which is also in the slide and it would not light. I ran the slide out and everything worked on gas. I looked under the slide and the rubber gas hose is kinking when the slide is in. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have always ran the refrigerator on gas while traveling.

rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
Since your coach is still under warranty take it back to the dealer to have this repaired. This is a problem that needs corrected for sure.

Phil
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
We had the same problem and installed a splint on the kink with wood and electrical tape as a temporary fix. Got a new hose from the dealer and installed it myself and adjusted it so it won't kink again. This has been a problem for several people.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I'd sure fix it. You'll find a variety of opinions on running on gas going down the road, but either way that needs to be fixed.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote