Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
New Graphics are finially on!

My son and I finished with the graphics this morning; well almost we still have a couple small ones on the back to do. Once we learned how to work with them, it went really well. I certainly enjoy looking at the Montana now rather than before. Here are a couple of photos before & after the graphics.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna
................. Once we learned how to work with them, it went really well.........
Bill - Looks great.
I am not having any problems at all with ours (yet). But with the many who are having the problem or may have the problem in the future, it would be great if you defined "once we learned how to work with them" so that we will know what to expect/do if we should have to do it someday. Might save someone a lot of trouble.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Looks great, Bill. I believe that I am heading toward the same project sometime in the future. I have lots of shrinkage and now, curling.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Wow, thats neat....My wife & I were thinking about putting some decals on our plain white truck that would look similar to our Montana.
I wonder if anybody has done that...
Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
[quote]quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

Quote:
...it would be great if you defined "once we learned how to work with them" so that we will know what to expect/do if we should have to do it someday. Might save someone a lot of trouble.

Yes I can certainly appreciate the request.
The most difficult part for us was keeping it from slipping when we tried to start pealing the back paper off. Here is what we did that seemed to work for us. On the side you are looking at in the photo posted, we started with the mountain in the center then worked our way from there. We mainly worked with one piece at a time. The graphics came in sheets which I wouldn’t recommend trying to handle a piece that is too large. Some of them can be cut between the graphics allowing you to work with smaller pieces. We trimmed around the graphic leaving only about a ¼ “ of paper around the edge. We could see to position it better this way. Once it was positioned one of us carefully held it so it wouldn’t slip and the other person started pealing the paper from the back on one end. We pealed just enough for it to get a good bite on the surface for holding then after pealing the paper we cut the back paper off with scissors. This got the paper out of the way and then with the plastic scrapper that Burlington Graphics supplied we worked it across onto the surface while it stated sticking. While working on the one end the other person was holding the remaining graphics pealing the back off while the first person was working it into place. We went over the entire graphic working it with the plastic scrapper and then we pealed the paper cover off of the front.

Cutting the extra paper from the back of the graphic after we started pealing it seemed to help the most in allowing us to position it without having it slip. You may have a different or even better method but this is how we approached it.
Hope it helps!

Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lambchop

Wow, thats neat....My wife & I were thinking about putting some decals on our plain white truck that would look similar to our Montana.
Roy

Thanks!
If you go to the Burlington Graphics web site you can browse through the different models and possibly find something that will look good on your truck. I had thought of doing something similar but I wasn’t sure how well it would look. There’s another web site that specializes in graphics for trucks. I seen it posted on here before but and I don’t remember the name of their web site. Perhaps someone else will remember come along that remembers it.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
www.dontdriveugly.com This is the website for RV Stripes and Graphics in Apache Junction, AZ. These are the folks that did my truck graphics. I had him take pics of the front cap of the Monty in case I have to replace them. I am planning on using them instead of Burlington. Seems to be many problems with their graphics. I know their customer service is great, just don't know about their products.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #8
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lambchop

Roy
Roy,

I put decals on my truck. Here's a picture of what it looks like.

Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #9
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Looks good....Lou,
Thanks for the picture
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote