Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
passing on good information

Passing on good info...

This is a good idea....especially for those of you that live alone. Car Keys - > Good information.

Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.

This tip came from a neighborhood watch co-oordinator.

Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security
alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from
most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage.

If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break in your house, odds are the burglar or rapist won't stick around... after a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that.

And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same
way there..... This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

P.S. I am sending this to everyone I know because I think it is fantastic. Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone. My friend's Mom has suggested to her husband that he carry his car keys with him in case he falls outside and she doesn't hear him. He can activate the car alarm and then she'll know there's a problem.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Good info, Dusty
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
That is also a good idea for those that wallycamp....If you are accosted at nite in the parking lots....
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I really believe that a panic alarm would chase an intruder or "would be" car/truck thief because they don't want a lot of noise when doing their deed. In a quiet campground where people are close to each other, is where this would work best. I didn't intend this to bring someone running but to chase someone away! Or to alert the thief that he has been seen.
If you don't want to use it then don't do it. Simple as that.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree Dusty. In a quiet campground this would cause some attention even if only for a few mintues or seconds.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good post gal.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Good post I think! Who knows...could be a crook that wrote that in snoops!! LOL! dont want you using that alarm! I say use "what ever means" that you can to defend yourself. If its against the law for a car alarm to sound for only so long.....then you think a cop will show up? Be a darn good thing if he did wouldnt it?
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote