Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Flooding (OK -Maybe large dripping)

DW stepped from the bedroom on to the carpet next to the steps and got her feet washed free of charge this morning. After removing the panel in the basement, next to furnace/water pump, discovered water leaking down the tube connected to shower faucet. Unfortunately can't get to the backside of faucet without removing shower wall. Called Keystone and they were very helpful in giving me a list of nearby Keystone dealers. Called Ron Hoover RV in Boerne, TX and they have me scheduled for Monday morning to fix the leaking problem and check the rest of the connections. They would have liked to have done it tomorrow, but unforunately were booked solid. I was still pleased, because other dealers were booked solid for a week. Oh well, we wanted to stick around for another week anyway, have been gone for 4 mos. and are within 150 miles of home. Did pick up the mail that had been pilin up for a month at the house today, so not a total lose, besides dropping off 4 mos. of stuff we picked up along the way. still love this new Montana. Almost decided to take it to te Service Center in Indy just to check it out.

barb and bob

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good luck with this, keep us posted.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
In our 3400 there is a access hole for the shower fittings in the pantry has a brown plastic cover on it maybe you would be able to get to it from that side to tighten the fittings up just a thought
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Tim, I definitely owe you on this one. I found my access in the coat closet on mine on the top shelf. I just didn't look high enough. Thanks to you, I went back and found the white plastic cover which covers the access hole for the two hoses to shower faucets. The fittings were both quite loose. Thanks a million, problem solved. We owe you dinner. Hope to see you on the highways and byways.
P.S. Ozz - been reading your threads, which encourages me to stay on this forum. If you all get to Texas give us a shout.

barb and bob
Old 10-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #5
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Carpet is now dry and no more water leaking. Once again, thanks Tim.
If you ever are in the Boerne, Tx. area and need service for your Keystone product, call Ron Hoover RV and Marine. I called tis morning to cancel my appointment, after Tim's advise, and they were very happy that the leaking hose problem was resolved, and said anytime I need help, even though they weren't my dealer, to give them a call and they would be more than happy to provide service.

barb and bob
Old 10-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Man do I love this forum! Thanks Tim. I've stared at that brown panel in my pantry and never even tried to imagin what it was for.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
glad I could be of some help on this one everyone here has been so willing to help me it good to see I can give a little back I'll take you up on the dinner invite one day too I like Texas we race there every year in Marble Falls what a great place to go and race the race fans there are second to none happy trails till we meet
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote