Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #1
Steve Wiseguy
Established Member

M.O.C. #24328
Angry Keystone repairs

I have a 2018 Montana 3560RL.
I purchased this fifth wheel (new) at Camping World 3 hours away from my home. I have taken it in 3 times for warranty work. Most items did not get repaired properly. I emailed Shelley at Keystone explaining that I will not drive another 6 hours to get the same items repaired. (They should have been done the last time) She said just take it to your local Montana dealer & pay for it & we will send you back a check. So I did... 1100.00 was approved by Keystone. Now they want me to sign a release that I can not file a claim for anything else. The year warranty is now done. I should still have almost 2 more years on the structure & 8 on the roof. How do I get my money back without signing this. I am considering selling this fifth wheel & buying something else used. We bought the Montana because we thought it was a higher quality unit & would have better service. Ha Ha
Jokes on us!

Steve Wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
rvman
Established Member

M.O.C. #23128
Your 3 year structural warranty should continue to its conclusion. The roof warranty is on material only and is backed by the roof supplier. The roof on your Montana is TPO.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:16 PM   #3
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
Welcome to the “WORLD” of Camping World!!
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #4
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
You can also amend the release before signing and keep a copy. If the repairs are done satisfactorily then there might not be anything else to worry about under the 1-year warranty. But you could articulate that you are reserving the right to make claims against warranties that still have time on them.

Are there other issues that are unsatisfactory? Needing warranty repairs is just part of buying a new rig. While it's understandable for Keystone to protect themselves with standard boilerplate documents I would encourage you not to blame them for buying from a lousy dealer. CW is well known for being lousy at providing good warranty service. If you're past the warranty and everything else seems OK then I would keep it and enjoy it. Just a thought...
jsb5717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:10 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
... 1100.00 was approved by Keystone. Now they want me to sign a release that I can not file a claim for anything else. The year warranty is now done. …...ask them exactly what they mean by that after
the one year Keystone warrantry all other claims are to the manufacturer of the failed item.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote