Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Omaha hospitality

We are on our way to the Chicago area and stopped over in Council Bluffs, IA which is just across the river from Omaha. Yesterday we met Rondo. That would be Ron and his lovely wife Mary. They were kind enough to come by our RV park and pick us up and take us to breakfast. They then took their time to take us to a service center to check on a problem we have with our truck. But then they proceed to take us on a tour of the Omaha area! What great hospitality! But anyone who knows Rondo knows that he and Mary are the consummate hosts. This is obviously a trait common to MOC members! So anytime you are in this area just drop Rondo a line and you will be treated to the best hosting ever!

Thank you Ron and Mary for your great welcoming to the Omaha area. Sure makes traveling more fun. See you in Goshen and thanks again for taking care of us. If ever you're in our neck of the woods give us a shout. Dennis and Mary Kay

HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Yup, they're really great midwestern type folks.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
We have known Ron and Mary quite awhile and can say we believe they are very sincere and like their hometown ...Omaha. We learned to love it to. A great and very nice couple indeed Dennis.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Thank you for all the kind words! We enjoy showing off our great city of Omaha and the surrounding area. We have a lot to see out here in the middle of our great nation and are proud to be part of it! It was great to see Dennis and Judy again and great to finally meet Dennis and Mary Kay. Safe travels to all and we'll see you in Goshen if we make it out because of all the rain we've had.

To the Hill's-- I think you ARE dragging that rain behind you, as you said. We've had over 10 inches of the wet stuff since last Friday here and more is still to come over the next day or two!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
A wonderful couple and great friends. I second that if you are in their area let them know you are there. You will not be disappointed.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #6
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

We are on our way to the Chicago area and stopped over in Council Bluffs, IA which is just across the river from Omaha. Yesterday we met Rondo. That would be Ron and his lovely wife Mary. They were kind enough to come by our RV park and pick us up and take us to breakfast. They then took their time to take us to a service center to check on a problem we have with our truck. But then they proceed to take us on a tour of the Omaha area! What great hospitality! But anyone who knows Rondo knows that he and Mary are the consummate hosts. This is obviously a trait common to MOC members! So anytime you are in this area just drop Rondo a line and you will be treated to the best hosting ever!

Thank you Ron and Mary for your great welcoming to the Omaha area. Sure makes traveling more fun. See you in Goshen and thanks again for taking care of us. If ever you're in our neck of the woods give us a shout. Dennis and Mary Kay
We were sorry we couldn't meet up with you too but we had other commitments. See you in Goshen
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Super Midwest people, some of us are nice...
Did you get that A/C fixed in the truck?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:34 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Ozz you are correct..... something about those NICE midwest folks! Of course being part of MOC just adds to the niceness!

I did not get it fixed. Thought I'd bring it by KC on our way home. I know a guy that lives there and he knows absolutely everything. It works really strangely. When traveling down the freeway it will only run a little cool. When I pull off freeway and go slowly it suddenly starts getting COLD! I don't understand! Oh, well it will soon be fall and I won't have to worry about it till next summer! Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote