Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Covers over Fantastic Vents

It's been bothering me for some time that people are covering their Fantastic Vents with MaxxAir covers. I had been told by the company at one time that they didn't recommend them because they restrict the fan's air movement. So, I sent an e-mail to the company so that I would have an answer in writing. The following is their reply and my e-mail.

HI ORV,
YOU ARE CORRECT, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY COVERS FOR THE FANTASTIC VENT. I AM SEND SOME INFORMATION ON THIS. IF YOU DECIDE TO PUT THEM BACK ON, IT WILL NOT VOID ANY WARRANTY. WE JUST LIKE TO LET THE CUSTOMER KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN COVERS ARE APPLIED.
IF I CAN HELP AGAIN PLEASE CONTACT ME. THANK YOU, JEFF ATWELL

Shelley Dunbar wrote:

-------Original Message-------

Date: 7/12/2008 2:58:37 PM
To: Fantastic Vent Corp
Subject: Tech Question?

We have three Fantastic Fans installed on our RV. I was told when I had the first one installed that I had to remove the MaxxAir cover where it was installed because the Fantastic Fan needed room to move the air. I understand that. However, I've been told by others who have the Fantastic Fan installed that it's not true that you can't have MaxxAir covers over them.

My question is: Am I wrong in maintaining that there should not be any restriction over the Fantastic Fan such as the MaxxAir cover? I hope I'm right because I got rid of all three of my MaxxAir covers. We really enjoy the Fantastic Fan ventilation in our RV.

Thanks for your reply in advance. You provide a great product.

Orv Schinke

ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks for that post, Orv. I would like to put a non-automatic/non-rain sensing FF in my bathroom WITH a vent cover - I have a vent cover on it now. I want to operate it manually in all respects and I will install a wall switch so I don't have to reach.

I don't really care about some minor restriction of airflow. I would more than likely have it on "low" at the most anyway. Don't need anything that will suck the toilet seat right through the screen...

My main goal is have a fan in the bathroom that is all-weather and that is quiet and that I can operate without having to reach up. I was thinking that FF may be the way to go, but maybe not. I need something that can run in a rainstorm.

I have that now, but it is noisy and it is painful to operate by reaching over my head with 2 bad shoulders.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We had Maxx airs on our Jayco and we have two FFs and one hockey puck sized fan in the bathroom in our BSky. As soon as we sell the house we are getting three model 800 Maxx-aires. they have a huge opening that faces down at an angle. We had several times last winter in Ga. that we got a gully washer and by the time the fans got closed there were puddles under each. I never had that problem in the old rig with the regular MAs...
Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dave, Camping World sells a fan called SHURflo. It operates by remote control which we have the mount for near the slide controls. We bought the one without the rain sensor and have a Maxx Air vent over it. We use it mainly when we shower to control moisture. Will work in both exhaust and intake modes. Works great!!!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
MaxAir makes a larger version of vent covers, the 800 like Dave said, and I believe a 900 version. Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote