Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
4 beader
Established Member

M.O.C. #8190
3400RL light fixtures - ORB finish

Our 2008 3400RL has Oil Rubbed Bronze lighting fixtures. I assume they are made by Gustafson, but cannot find any markings or tags to ID them. We would like to change out several of the common 12v plastic fixtures, but are having difficulty finding any 12v ones in ORB finish. I have gone to the OEM page and have searched threads but have come up empty. Does anyone have a resource for interior ORB 12v light fixtures, or am I out of luck? Many thanks in advance

4 beader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
What a great idea, let us know if you find any.
Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
4 beader
Established Member

M.O.C. #8190
I certainly will, but so far cannot find 12v ORB fixtures. I have searched the internet and have not found anything to this point there either. They however have to be made somewhere, as all of our 3400's have them ???? Help, help! I am at a loss of where to try next...
Old 03-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
We found our light fixtures at Camping World. They were about $40 each and look great.
However, these fixtures do NOT cover all 4 screw holes that the plastic ones use. We did not put any on the ceiling since I haven't figured out how to fill the two holes that show on one side. Under the cabinets was no problem, you have to stand on your head to notice them and you wouldn't if I didn't tell you about them.
When I figure out how to cover the extra holes, I will put them on the ceiling also.
Ours have the brass finish with the frosted glass cover. They are on page 119 of the new catalog from Camping World item #23841 if you're interested. Book says $52 but we got them on clearance when we were in Fla.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
4 beader
Established Member

M.O.C. #8190
Brass, antique brass, stainless, pewter... all seem pretty easy to find, it's the bronze finish Montana utilized the last couple of year models that we just can't seem to locate. CW has a good selection of Gustafson fixtures in 12v in all of these finishes, just not in bronze. Thanks for the input, and please keep the ideas coming!

Ed
Old 03-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
You may want to take them down and try a paint finish. On a search I found the following information:

Quote:
quote:I used Krylon® Camouflage spraypaint, brown, on some brass towel rods. It perfectly matched the color of some oil rubbed bronze light fixtures I had bought. It dries really dull (the camouflage?) but I rubbed furniture oil onto the rods after they dried and it added some gloss to it. Krylon® makes a spray primer to make paint stick to plastic [Krylon Fusion, which I had to use first on some door pulls I needed to change from brass to bronze.
I also found this reference:

Quote:
quote:Krylon has an oil rubbed bronze lamp/light spray paint. It's perfect!
On Edit one more:

Quote:
quote:Rustoleum has an Oil Rubbed Bronze color that is almost black. It is darker than the Moen color I am trying to match, but maybe it will work for you. I purchased it at Lowes. Good Luck!
KRYLON I1012681A ACE ANODIZED BRONZE REFINISHER

And then there's always the good Old Rub 'N Buff I have messed with making many different finishes from paint and think the combo of Spanish Copper, after that dried add a light coat of Ebony and you may get the look your trying to achieve. The trick with Rub 'n Buff is to let it dry. I assume you're referring to the ceiling and under cabinet lights which would not get much touching?

Lowes, Menards, Home Depot and Ace Hardwares always have a great selection of decorative spray paints.

Hope this helps and may even save you some dollars.

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Thanks for the good information Patty. I have been looking for something to use and will try some of the suggestions.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
If you're trying to match the fixtures, why not have your dealer get some from Keystone direct? We have been successful working with our dealer. Of course, Patty is pretty artistic and provides another method.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote