Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Slow Flowing Kitchen Faucet in 07 3400RL

I for one have had a slow flow problem in the kitchen sprayer/faucet of our ne Monty. Tonithgt, while cleaning the screen because of poor water quality over the last few days I found the solution. If yo remove the screen and aerator from the spray face, you will find that there are two screens in the darned thing!!! Remove one of them and you still have great aeration and twice the water flow!
Easy and quick to do.

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Interesting to know, have to check that. Of course I must confess that the solution I have come up with is the same that others have used to fix their Apollo ovens and the infamous lazy susans. I do have an ulterior motive, I have to replace the faucet so I can use the quick-connect that hooks up the Vesta to the faucet. That is one of my Thanksgiving projects. I have got to replace the manual DW with an electric DW.....................dishwasher people, not Dear Wife......I know mine's too good to replace. Blessings all,
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Bingo, Will you take a trip after the Quick Connects are installed, and then another trip after the faucet, to make sure they are working correctly? Or will you tempt fait and try to install both with out taking each trip?
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:41 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Good one Rogue, you must be staying next to Vanman somewhere??? We only have one trip left for the year (unfortunately), eight nights at Topsail, so the replacement faucet will be installed then. The quick connect adaptor merely replaces the screw-in aerator on the faucet (even I can't justify another trip for that 30-second replacement). As long as I can get the Vesta working, I think the incentive will be provided for DW at Christmas to treat DH well, ya' think??
Bingo
Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
ThanX for reminding me Rick. I did that in the old Monty but forgot about it in this one.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:45 AM   #6
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
Bingo what did you do wrong? Why do you need to put a dishwasher in your Monte? I thought you married one.
Dave Nowlin
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Rick! Aren't you the one that found the restrictor in the base of the spray head as well?

Seems the faucet company could save a little money by not putting in the parts that we are all taking out - hahahahah

Bingo - are you installing the Vasta in the cabinet or using it as countertop?
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Brad,
One of my winter-time projects is going to be having a cabinet built that will match the cabinets in the 3400. For Thanksgiving, it will just sit on the counter. I am going to place the dishwasher in a cabinet that will sit on the counter under the extended cabinet. Have a door on the side to access the hoses and electrical which will plug into the outlet next to the stove. When I get it done, I will definitely post pictures. I can't complain about the amount of counter space we will lose, simply because I am losing the space regardless. But that is why we picked the 3400, because we knew we had the dishwasher. Odd reasoning, but that was a prime consideration for selecting the 3400.
Dave,
Trying to get me in trouble??? Anyway current dishwasher is DD's not DW!!!
Bingo
Old 10-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sounds cool Bingo!

Have you considered trying to install it inside the end cabinet above the hot water tank (where the inspection plate is at the end of the counter). You would loose about 1/2 to 2/3 depth on the cupboard on the living room side, but I think it will fit.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Brad,
If you remember our previous discussions, DW and I do not believe any kind of a low mount will work for us because of both of our back problems. I looked at that option, but we do use the off-side cabinet for air-bed storage and vacuum hoses, etc. That is not to say that we might still change it later....besides if you remember another post, it will provide a block to objects thrown from the kitchen towards the recliner occupant (kidding!!!!!!)
Bingo
Old 10-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bingo - sorry, I don't remember that discussion. But then again, I don't remember much anymore. I'll be able to wrap my own Christmas presents this year.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Brad,
Memory refresher, you had me PM Mudchief (I think - this memory deal may be contagious????) since he (or someone) had installed it in the counter itself. But, on the bright side, if we always forget, we can just keep posting the same old stuff over and over again and always have something to do in the evenings, reread and reread the forum???? Oh wait, I do that now.
Bingo