Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2009, 04:18 AM   #1
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Logo Font

Does anyone know what the name of the font is for the MOC logo?

DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:42 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Doug,

A LONGGGG time ago someone sent me a font via email, said it was the one, I still have the email, and will forward to you, just give me a hollar with a email addy to use.

I never tried to download it, or use it, somehow after I asked, I did not need it, figures
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Doug,
Just looking rather quickly I think it is done with a graphics program and inserted as a Picture. You can right click and save the image, bring it up in an editor and see if it gives you information.

Edited: Spelling.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 AM   #4
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Doug I think it's Pump Demi Bold LET Plain. I downloaded it free but darn if I can get it installed. So "free" did not work.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Yikes Patty,

And, here I was gonna ask the MOC if someone had Brody's Hand font they could share with me. Al looked around a bunch on the net for me and the only place we could find it was in England, for ????? pounds sterling (??? is that what they call it, noooo, now, it should be Euros, right?? wrong?? ohhhh, what the heck, I don't wanna pay anyway! HAHA)

I had it back in 1996 and no longer do, and I want it again.

SIGHHHH
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Near as I can tell it is a font called "Bauhaus 93". "Moon" is also close to it, except the e is different.

What do you need it for, if you don't mind me asking?

Edit:
You can download it for free here >> http://www.themeworld.com/cgi-bin/pr...bauhaus9.0.zip
Depending on your computer and operating system, (for a PC with XP) un-zip the download and drop resulting file in your FONTS folder in the WINNT folder.
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RC and Samantha

Doug I think it's Pump Demi Bold LET Plain. I downloaded it free but darn if I can get it installed. So "free" did not work.

Patty
You probably need to extract the file, as it will have most likely been downloaded as a compressed zip file. Right click on the zip file and select "extract", then drop the font file in your font folder.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KTManiac

Quote:

Patty
You probably need to extract the file, as it will have most likely been downloaded as a compressed zip file. Right click on the zip file and select "extract", then drop the font file in your font folder.

I did that...but it only opens up into the page that shows all the different characters and sizes.

Carol, I have a few CDs of fonts here and I will check to see if I have that font. If I do I will e-mail you.

Patty
Old 03-07-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Urban Fonts (free fonts) has Pump and it pretty much looks like the same font. Here is the link to Pump font

Patty

ON EDIT: that is not exactly it...the other I mentioned I think is Pump Demi Bold but what I downloaded was not.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #10
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Here you go >>>

I would say this is it.

Here it is mocked up with the color merge and shadow >>>

I didn't get the colors exactly right, but it was just a quicky project.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #11
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:

Urban Fonts (free fonts) has Pump and it pretty much looks like the same font. Here is the link to Pump font

Patty

ON EDIT: that is not exactly it...the other I mentioned I think is Pump Demi Bold but what I downloaded was not.
That one (demi bold) isn't it either, the "e" and the "c" are different.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #12
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KTManiac

Quote:

Patty

That one (demi bold) isn't it either, the "e" and the "c" are different.

Looks like you nailed it. Thanx so much.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #13
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Hey guys Thanks. I wanted to know the font because I want to get it put on a DXF file so I can mess around with it at my son's sheetmetal shop.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #14
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
If you want, I can send you a .dxf file of all the letters, numbers, and symbols by e-mail.

Edit:
What is your project? Engraver, water jet, laser cut, or CNC punch? Just kind of curious.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #15
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
KTManiac, that would be great. My son has a plasma cutter for his sheet metal work and I thought it would be fun to see if I can cut out the logo on it.