Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 AM   #21
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
If you're going to monitor a site and not look into customer complaints on that site what does that say about a company ? That to me is worse than not monitoring. I guess my experience dealing with them has not been good and that affects my thoughts on the subject. If they did respond as Mrs. Country guy says good for them. I would not expect them to respond publicly as that would open up a flood of requests and is not the purpose of this forum. I would expect if they do monitor to privately reply with a contact for further discussion. I am not going to change my opinion of Team Montana because of a post nor would I expect someone to change their opinion because of something I said.

Hazmic
Yep. No chance of that happening. I am basing my opinion on personal experience trying to talk to them.

And I agree with Dennis we are talking about two different things, Monitoring vs Responding. Enough said!

Time to move on to a broken refrig I discovered yesterday. I will talk to the dealer with a smile in my voice Should have kept the TT

mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #22
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
mtpocket2,

If you have an '08 model then it should still be under warranty. The fridge certainly is or should be even if was more than a year old. I think they have a three year warranty from the manufacturer. And by the way we just had our fridge repaired at Dometic's expense even though the fridge was about 5 years old!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #23
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
I must add my comment here. We have been treated exceptionally well by Team Montana. I wish every company we have dealt with was as responsive to their customers. Yes I do believe there are folks at many levels of Team Montana monitoring this website. When you talk to them in person they make comments that could only be made because they have been reading some information on this forum. For example when we all had problems with the digital thermastats, we call customer service and they said they were well aware of the problem and they sent a new thermostat to our dealership to be installed in our unit. I have frequently visited the Keystone website and when you are looking at different units they have a button you can click on to send in your comments and suggestions. When you do this you will immediately get a email thanking you and stating that Keystone's customers are their best source of input for suggestions. Guess we are sold on the Montana products as we are taking delivery of our third Montana (a 2008 Big Sky) the end of this week. Keystone DOES listen to their customers!!!
Tom & Joyce Holroyd
MOC #266
1st Montana - 3295RK (2004)
2nd Montana - 3475RL (2006)
Next Montana - Big Sky 340RLQ (2008
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We made a number of suggestions back in 2002 and 2003 and many of those were incorporated in the late 2003 and later models. This is just an example. Deeper front closet. Wider stance on the landing gear. Taller basement storage. Flat floor upstairs. Move the water pump switch from the kitchen to a site accessible with slides retracted on the 3295RK. This last one was my suggestion and they emailed and called me direct for more info. So I know for fact they listen. Another was the problems with freezing in very cold weather. The new ones are tested to not freeze down to zero degrees. I say many thanks to Keystone for listening and acting on the suggestions.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #25
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
I have written to keystone back in october for some assistance on the wireless heating system. I have not heard a peep from them. No answer,no nothing. i am beginning to question their dedication to the consumer. I bet they start getting friendlier if sales start to fall off due to the economy and gas prices. Then it seems everyone who is selling something is your best friend.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:23 AM   #26
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by racerjoe

I have written to keystone back in october for some assistance on the wireless heating system. I have not heard a peep from them. No answer,no nothing. i am beginning to question their dedication to the consumer. I bet they start getting friendlier if sales start to fall off due to the economy and gas prices. Then it seems everyone who is selling something is your best friend.
Here are some good links that may help you.
Digital Thermostat change out instructions:
http://www.rverscorner.com/articles/hunterstat.htm
Rv Furnace troubleshooting;
http://www.ducktec.com/furnace-trouble-shooting.htm
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #27
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
OZZ,thanks for the info on the links, but my issue is with the remote system I have,and I have written to Keystone for some warranty help in replacing the remote with a wired system. To that I have not received any reply. Now that my dealer,Meyer RV has sold out to Camping world,the people there do not really want to help much since they did not sell me the unit. So at this point I am in limbo. I don't think I should have to be the one to buy replacement items for a system that clearly does not work. Looking at the problems that have occurred from this group on heating, Keystone should step up to the plate and help anyone with this system.They need to admit the remote system was a poor choice.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Writing and E mail does not seem to get much response. Try the service center or team Montana. Phone numbers are on the Keystone web site.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #29
Gonfishin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3604
racerjoe, Try to get a hold of Dometic, they were helpful in getting ours replaced. Unfortunately I no longer have the contact information of the person we spoke with.
Rick
Gonfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #30
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
thanks to you all for the new contact information. I will follow up on that this week. been out of town going shopping in a snow storm!!! you know,if you can't beat em,join em!!
Old 12-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #31
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Rick, thanks for suggesting dometic, I started with an e-mail to there customer service and within a day they were back to me,asking for information on what is happening with the system. By the second day they agreed to send out replacement parts (wired system) as a goodwill gesture. They are sending them to our local dealer as they will not send them to a customer direct. All I need to do is pick them up or have them installed. Within two days Dometic took care of the problem that Keystone would not even acknowledge. Again thanks for everyones help. Merry Christmas to all...
Old 12-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #32
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I don't believe there is any requirement for anyone at Keystone to read this forum. It is not Keystone's forum. It is our forum as Montana owners. Having said that, when we showed personnel in customer service the drawers we had had made in our cupboard holes, they were impressed enough to put similar drawers in following models. I haven't seen any of the newer models (because I'm afraid I'd go into debt with a new one) but I'm assuming that some of the Montana owners have the same type of drawers in their cupboard (pantry) areas.

If Keystone personnel do read this forum and take any action accordingly, there is no requirement for them to post anything to say they have read our posts. I also think they would take a very dim view of any posts that contained information that would happen to be worded such that Keystone was entirely to blame for some of the problems we have had like refrigerators going bad, AC failures, converter failures, holding tank leaks, etc.

A little bit of honey with our words will go a long way to stimulate action by Keystone personnel (if they read this). I do know that personnel at my dealer read the forum so they can be on top of anything that goes wrong.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 10:04 AM   #33
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
A little bir of positive talk, (know what you are talking about and NO WHINING) in a phone call to the company is better than making a complaint here. You need help or a question answered, put it to the forum. If no one here has the answer, call the factory. They will be happy to talk to you aobut it and help get a positive answer Whining vs honey talk? Honey always wins.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #34
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Well I did use honey in my e-mails to Keystone and that didn't work either. but lets look at it as it should be addressed. You pay out your hard earned money for one of the best units out there. When there are issues of any kind that show up on many of their trailers ie:wireless systems, Keystone should have made it a point to address it. Not make the consumer have to constantly return to its dealer network for service of the same problem. They only used the system for two years,which tells you something,and if it was that reliable they would have not replaced it with a wired system.When you do speak to the dealers that sell Montanas, they all smile when you bring up that subject.You have all paid good money for your 5th wheels, you should not have to beg for it to work right.