Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #21
Benniner1
Established Member

M.O.C. #4770
I am using a 3 lnb satellite. I run a line to my inlet and a line to the bedroom that enters through the area that houses the propane tank. This works well. I am going to upgrade my antenna to a slim which has 4 lnb's. These will hook up to my SWM and from there 1 line goes to the antenna inlet and the other through the propane area. This will allow me to run a HR20 in the bedroom and in the front room. An HR20 is a DVR which can record two diffent channels at once. With the SWM you only need to hook up one line to each hr20. The slim is fairly easy to aline.

Benniner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #22
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have not taken the time yet to take a picture, but here is a synopsis of how one of my systems is hooked up here at the house, and works the same way in the Hanna. First, I have two receivers in this stick house with 4 televisions. All four TV's can independently watch their own channel with only two leads coming into the stick house.

One system(not DVR) Dish 322 Receiver
http://www.dbsinstall.com/Dish_netwo...2_Receiver.asp
DPD-2, Satellite UHF/VHF Diplexer, 5-2150 Mhz
http://www.swidendist.com/detail.aspx?ID=1118
One input
One vhf/uhf out
One Sat out

Dish Separator, 850-2150 Mhz
http://www.satelliteone.com/dish/sto...arator.htmlOne
INPUT
Satellite OUTPUT
Satellite OUTPUT

Satellite feed (only one) goes into the DPD-2
From the DPD-2, one output goes to the input of the Dish Separator.
The VHF/UHF is a feed back line from the back of the Dish receiver "CH Output" coax, or "distibution output," coax connector

The Dish Separator feeds Sat 1 and Sat 2 inputs on the receiver

In the case of the Montana 3400RL, there are two RF connector boxes in the overhead of the TV. On is a jumper. Remove the jumper from the top connector and run the "feed back line" described above to that connector.

Enjoy two TV's connected to Satellite with two separate remotes for controlling the RF Channels to the back TV. This is assuming that you have the 522 or 722 Dish Receiver. Direct TV should work similarly

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote