Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sealand 210 isssue

Recently I replaced the seal in my Sealand #210 toilet. All went fine. Suddenly today the ball won't close. It is not a lubrication issue. It is a failed spring cartridge. The step lever has to be pulled up to close after being depressed.

Called Heidi at Dometic. She helped me diagnose the problem and sent me to their Ft Lauderdale, Florida supplier to get a new one. Cost is around $25 plus shipping. We will see how difficult it is to replace.

In talking to Heidi, I asked if this were a common problem with a much used toilet over a 4+ year period. She said it was not rare, but would not give it a specific life time. So if you have a Sealand 210 Travel lite and you are full timing or long timing, replacing the spring cartridge may be in your future. On the bright side, $25 is a bunch cheaper than a new toilet.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Since many of us may be in that same boat at some time, could you post pictures of the repair so we know what to expect? Thanks in advance!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I will try to remember to do that. Ozz made some excellent pictures of the seal replacement. Some of those pictures are relevant to this task. He showed the flushing mechanism with a mirror. The spring cartridge is held in behind the two screws and the water valve at the center of that picture. The picture I am referring to is number 9 of 29 and can be viewed here.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote