Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2010, 05:30 AM   #1
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Top Sail Resort FL

We are planning our spring vacation and after viewing the Top Sail Resort that a Moc member shared pictures we are staying there for a week and explore the Panhandle area. I know Destin is in the Panhandle what other must see places around Top Sail? Any information would be appreciated.

Also we will be coming across the top of Florida going west on the interstate. Any places to stop on the way, campgrounds, and places of interest would be helpful.

cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Top Sail is an outstanding State Park. You will be on the Redneck Riviera so good food and night life during the tourist season. If you're interested in aviation, a trip to Pensacola and a visit to the Naval Aviation Museum at NAS Pensacola is a must. Plenty of shopping at the outlet mall near Top Sail. Plenty of golf resorts but expensive. We live in Navarre (between Destin and Pensacola on Hwy 98) so we tend to travel away from the beach. Stop by and say hey if you can.
Mike Klickovich
1960 Pine Ranch Dr
Navarre, Fl 32566
Cell: 850-685-5937
HP: 850-936-1502
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Bill, We'll be at Topsail late this month. Any body still walking around on the beach with a hazmat suit?
Any restaurants you could recommend or sights to see?
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Highly recommended (at least by our family) is Fudpucker's. Everything from alligator appetizers to fresh caught fish to the normal menu choices. You can even get your picture taken holding a baby alligator (for a fee of course). Look for the VW bus hanging out the side of the building. Also, eat breakfast at least one time at the Donut Hole (about a couple of miles from the park towards Destin), forewarning though, the servings are huge.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Hugh, we are not going until next April. We also have never been there and are looking for things to do in the area like yourself. Keep me updated on what you liked in the area if you would. We also are staying at Top Sail and Panama City Beach.

Thanks Bingo for the information above. We have added the places to our list to do.

Bill
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Bill if you would have waited a couple of months we are working as Camp Ground Host in July and August in the camp store at TopSail. We always like to go to the fish market just east of TopSail on Hwy 98 and grill at the campsite. Now we also suggest that you leave the park and turn to your right on Scenic Hwy30A and drive on it east bound through some scenic areas of Water Color Village, Sea Side - stop there and walk around some of the shops and continue on till hwy 30 runs back into Hwy 98 over by Panama City. Then head back to TopSail. We like to eat at Dewey Destins which is out over the water in crab island bay. Westbound on 98 through Destin and the last street to your right before you go over the bridge a half block and turn down an alley. (this is where you find a lot of locals go to eat). The Back Porch in Destin is also good close to being price but you are eating right on the beach and the view is just gorgous.
Over at St Andrews State Park in Panama City our favorite sites are 112 and 108. They both back up right to the bay and just a beautiful picture out of the back of th 3400. Also you can take 3 or 4 steps and be on your own beach. I like the Beach swimming area at St Andrews better than the TopSail Beach I guess cause I can watch the big boats come and go into the PC bay from the gulf.
We have been going to TopSail and St Andrews for the last 10 years so if you need more info send me a PM. Oh also I like the AirForce Meseum at Eglin AFB just north of FtWalton Beach.
By the way the picture in my signature is site 143 at TopSail.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
We just got home last night from a week at Topsail. It was great. Did not have time to do all we wanted to, or eat everywhere we wanted to try! The real highlight of our trip was an hour away in Chipley, FL. The Seacrest Wolf Preserve. Fro a mere $20 a head we got a three and a half hour visit with 3 packs of wolves. They took us into the compound, sat us on the ground, and the wolves can to see us up close and personal! DW had her face washed with kisses, and her chin nibbled. I had one flushing out my ear! These are both rescued wolves and home raised wolves. They are very much large puppies, and are very affectionate. We spent time in each of three compounds, and also some time with some wolf cubs (10 weeks old and already 50 lbs!) It is an amazing place, gets no funding or grants, and has a dedicated volunteer work force, some of who drive long distances (anywhere from 80 to 120 miles ONE WAY) each day to help with all the work. Look them up if you are out that way. It is an experience you will always remember!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote