Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Separating the Men from the Boys.

A friend sent some pictures of a mountain road, some where in South America. Aren't you glad you're not pulling your Monty along these roads and meeting up with an on coming truck.

Showed these to the DW and she informed me "We are not going there".

J&D

JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
WOW!!! Such amazing views. I can only say I am glad I am not in either of those trucks....
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Wonder how far one of them had to back up to find a place where they might possibly pass. And I thought that two double decker buses passing on the road to the Peak in Hong Kong was touchy.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:15 AM   #4
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
WOW, I think that would definately separate men from boys. I'm afraid it would turn me into a whimpering baby.LOL. Great pix John.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
J&D,
Just the pictures make me dizzy (Vertigo)! I've been on a few like that in Colorado (not as dramatic) that are old railroad lines. When the track bed broke off and slid down the side of the mountain the miners would jam timbers into the side of the mountain and make a clinging bridge then cover it in dirt. Gives you a heart attack when you get to the other side of the canyon and see what you just drove over (Jeep of course).

I miss your speeding picture!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ohhhh Mama!
I saw a show on TV last night that featured it as the most dangerous road. Not only the obvious, but drug runners control it, (Cocaine) the reporter travelled the road. Some big trucks had to back up to a wider spot, some places one of the dual tires hung over the side...
There were bicyclists that go down on a New Zealand man's tour. They lost a girl on it one time, over she went.
Not for this Cowboy. Great pictures.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote