Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
jksimons
Established Member

M.O.C. #9659
Send a message via AIM to jksimons
Eugene,Oregon

We are heading up to Eugene to see the area in the possibility of relocating out of California. Any advice or opinions of this area, rv parks, ect would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Kim

jksimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
Don't know about Eugene area but I can sure tell you about Linn county parks which for the most are about 40 miles up the road if interested. This would be the Albany/Corvallis arrea and what prices??
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
P.S
Too early in the morning!!
State of Oregon has a book listing RV parks, as well as Linn and Lane County. If I can be of assistance either PM me or email
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Kim,
Eugene is a wonderful place. Make sure you investigate the MacKenzie River, the Rogue River, Willamette River .....great bicycling trails there too.....

BTW, nice last name! Are we related? lol
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
You are in for a surprise. Stay at the Armitage County RV Park, Eugene, OR (Coburg). It is a FHU park with ample space between sites and is easy access. The price is $25 a night. You may only be able to reserve for a period of time and you must make your reservations on-line at least 2 days in advance. Once you are at the park you can check with the host on open sites for extending the stay. We stayed there for several days exploring the area. It is $25 a night with FHU.

The surprise is how nice it is.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
jksimons
Established Member

M.O.C. #9659
Send a message via AIM to jksimons
Waynem: That is where I ended up booking. I reserved space 6..We are taking all FOUR of our dogs on the trip and wanted to have decent space between the rv's. It says it is right on the river so I hope it is nice and maybe my dogs can enjoy a swim.

simonsrf: If you have roots with the Simons family out of Idaho, you never know it could be a possibility...

We are really looking forward to our trip...
jksimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Kim,

The park is on the river, but not the campground portion of it. You will have to walk about 1/4 mile or less to get to the river. There is a trail that runs along the river. It's a nice walk. Depending on how much rain they have had will determine how swift the river is. There isn't a good spot to enter.

On a positive note, there is a very large County run dog park right there near the CG. You can walk your dogs over to it and they will have a good romp running around in the doggy park. If you don't mind salt water you can take the pups down to Florence and to the beach. That is also where the "Dunes" are. I have a feeling You are going to like that RV park.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote