Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Taos, NM

Hi. Looking for a recommendation in the Taos, NM area for the first part of October. Notice many of the campgrounds close end of Sept. Probably going to stay at the place Padre likes on Raton Pass the first night.....want a place in the Taos area for a couple nights, then will probably wind up with a 4th night @ Lathrop State Park by Walsenburg, CO the last night. We're trying to do a leisurely 4-5 day trip out of the Denver area.

Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
I don't know anything about the RV parks in Taos, but I can recommend one a short distance away ( about 27 miles I think ) in Eagle Nest, NM. It's called Golden Eagle RV Park, the number is 800-388-6188. A couple name Bruce and Bridgette Manakas own and operate it. They are very nice people and do alot of extras for the folks staying there. For the last two summers we have had our Montana parked there as it's centrally located around the places we like to visit.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
The "Taos Valley RV Park and Campground" is a nice place to stay--I think the nicest RV Park in Taos. It is off the highway (but not too far) and has well developed sites. It is the only park I would recommend in Taos. We have stayed there several times.

I think you will like Cedar Rail at the top of Raton Pass. We will be staying there next Monday (August 30) on the way to Gunnison and then on to Colter Bay in the Tetons.

And we agree with Lonnie about "Golden Eagle" though we have only stayed there one time. We certainly enjoyed it and remember it as a really nice park.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Thanks for the input Lonnie and David. Looking forward to the trip. Just have to pick a place now.

Clyde
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote